Popbow 17-Jul-18
PushCoArcher 17-Jul-18
Popbow 22-Jul-18
PushCoArcher 22-Jul-18
MichaelArnette 24-Jul-18
Texomahunter 30-Jul-18
SoDakSooner 02-Aug-18
03-Jul-18
Looks like I will be at McAlester this year on 11/9 in Deer Creek.

Good luck to everyone this season.

03-Jul-18
Congrats OkieJ. I drew a Lexington WMA tag but it's rifle so won't be posting here and upsetting the 'elite'. :)

03-Jul-18
Congrats Russ. One of the guys I put in with doesn't get to make the hunt this year because he drew a Bull Elk permit. 2nd person in our group of 4 that has drawn one over the years.

03-Jul-18
Had max points - no luck.

03-Jul-18
No luck for me. my wife drew a muzzleloader tag at Sandy Sanders. We don't even own a muzzleloader... guess I must've been drunk when I filled out the hunts. lol

03-Jul-18
Nuttin' here. We usually draw Big Mac every other year or so. Think this is year 4 without drawing. Kind of on a cold streak here. After drawing nothing for elk out west this year it is kind of a kick in the you-know-what's.

03-Jul-18
Nothing here. Got several western tags so for once I’m not too disappointed that Wichita mountains will wait another year or two or three or we’ll u get the point.

03-Jul-18
Drew an elk tag in the Wichita mtns Jan 8-10th!

03-Jul-18
Pulled a ticket for MCAAP on Nov. 9-11 in the Hominy area. Congrats to everyone who scored, and don’t give up for those who didn’t!!

03-Jul-18
I got MCAAP Nov 9-11 Boggy. Been 5 yrs, I think, since I was there last.

03-Jul-18
SoDakSooner, if I remember right the last time you were there was when you killed that 150" buck. You told me the exact tree you hunted from and I walked right to it. Thanks again for trimming that nice big cedar tree. Sure made it easier for me to set my stand. I think I still have that arrow of yours that I found.

03-Jul-18
Nothing here. Michael congratulations is that the late cow or bull hunt?

03-Jul-18
No luck for us. Congrats for those that drew! Good luck on your hunts.

03-Jul-18
Drew bull elk Jan23-25 Wichita Mtn

03-Jul-18

03-Jul-18
A buddy and I are in for Hominy Oct 12-14th. It will be my fourth time there and fifth time to hunt at MCAAP overall in 10 years. I've been very fortunate!

Co Russ, "elite"? Shoot you're on the good ole boy site. We'll want all the details. Gene

03-Jul-18
No luck this year. Best of luck to those that did.

05-Jul-18
42 years and still counting but no elk tag yet! Drew MCAAP though, boggy area 10/19-10/21 and I haven't put in for that hunt in 15 years.

05-Jul-18
Got lucky and drew out a rifle hunt with the wife at Beaver River WMA/Mcfarland Unit. Never been up there. Might have to get up there early archery season and do a bit of scouting inbetween hunts. Yall know much about the area?

05-Jul-18
Anyone else in Boggy weekend of 10-19-18 thru 10-21-18? If so, I'll see you then and there!

06-Jul-18
No 150" buck there for me.. I did shoot a smaller 8 in deer creek. Maybe getting me confused. Now I have seen a few 150" bucks out there....lol. I wish it had been me though...lol.

06-Jul-18
We drew MCAAP Hominy, Nov. 2-4. Been 3 years since we were there last. Looking forward to it!

Michael, congrats on your Elk draw! I checked my elk PPs- I only have 33......34, now! At this point, I am just hopeful that I can draw it while I am still able to hunt (HA!). Another reason to keep working hard in the gym. Hanging tough for a bull draw!!!

09-Jul-18
I think i went over 20 on elk pp this year. Long way to go to catch some of you guys.

10-Jul-18
Son drew youth hunt. Michael... didn’t you draw the antelope hunt last year? I need some of your luck.

11-Jul-18
Drew a cow elk tag in the Wichita Mtns Jan 8-10th also!

13-Jul-18
I noticed that they re-configured the hunt areas at MCAAP. The area over by the rifle range and on the south side of Brown Lake is now in Deer Creek. For years this was in Boggy. Bummer deal for me cause I loved hunting that area and drew Boggy this year. I know some of you are saying "quit crying, at least you got drawn!". HAHA! If anyone drew Deer Creek and wants to hunt that area, PM me and I will be glad to tell you what I know. I would appreciate any tips on Boggy as well. Thanks, Rob

16-Jul-18
Stinkbait, PM sent.

16-Jul-18
All, I was completely incorrect on my Elk PPs. I have 22.

Must need to get some reading glasses....

16-Jul-18
Anyone have input for Lexington WMA they'd like to share? Private reply maybe? I can bribe for info with elk steaks! I need to read these controlled hunts closer as I didn't realize it's just 1 day of hunting. It's not too far from our home so making scouting trips will be easy.

17-Jul-18
I have to admit my PP finally paid off I have applied since they have been offered . I drew the either sex Antelope hunt. I feel like the car chasing dog that actually caught the car. I don't have any idea or knowledge of landowners. I hope to bow hunt if I can find a landowner that will let me loose an arrow after one of his speed goats. Any input will certainly be appreciated.

17-Jul-18
Popbow is it the Cimarron county hunt or the Texas county? I drew the Cimarron county doe tag last year and harvested my antelope on day 2. If it's Cimarron county I can give you some info.

17-Jul-18
Popbow, I know someone who hunted the Cimarron tag last year also and would be able to get you a contact for the ranch if that's the tag you drew.

22-Jul-18
Thanks guys for your offer to help me out. I have drawn Texas county. The West side of the county from Guymon west.

22-Jul-18
Can't be of too much help with texas county. I would suggest contacting the Texas county chamber of commerce and order there county assay book I believe the one for cimarron county was about $25. That'll give you a map showing you the land ownership of the county with contact info for the land owners. Other than that the only help I can offer is that I definitely saw antelope in west Texas county as I drove through to my hunt area. I ran into landowners asking anywhere from $200-$500 for trespass fees in Cimarron county.

24-Jul-18
Thanks guys and yes I drew the antelope tag last year. Couldn’t go and it was a doe hunt, made the mistake of drawing the most eastern county with the fewest antelope and everyone wanted 4-500 for an access fee (I’ll hunt them with archery I another state for that thanks you)

I drew a cow tag on the elk (waaaay easier to draw than a bull tag) from what I hear the cow tags have lower success rates as well

25-Jul-18
My 2 sons and I drew the November 9-11 hunt in Hominy. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Just started getting them to use traditional bows and my 18 yr old killed his first trad kill last year. Really excited.

30-Jul-18
Popbow, private reply sent.

30-Jul-18
Drew Mcaap (hominy) Nov 9-11. Will be my first time going.

02-Aug-18
Grizzly and Texoma, that's the best weekend of all. You'll have a blast. Ive hunted that weekend once. Deer all over the place. I only saw one shooter, but my buddies over the hill had several Nice bucks in their sights(figuratively of course) but just couldn't get a shot. I had several shot opportunities at smaller bucks which i passed on, missed a doe, and hit a doe high(in the void). It was both a good and bad weekend in that regard.

• Sitka Gear