Jebediah 04-Jul-18
TT-Pi 04-Jul-18
BC 04-Jul-18
Huntskifishcook 04-Jul-18
Moons22 04-Jul-18
BruceP 04-Jul-18
Brooktrout59 04-Jul-18
03-Jul-18
Happy 4th of July folks. Cool little story. I was doing a work deposit at the bank today, well, credit union. The young woman who was the teller, thanked me when I said Happy 4th in advance. She said it's my 10th. I was confused, she had to be 22-25 years old. Turns out she just immigrated here from the Ukraine 10 years ago, literally arriving on July 4 2008. She literally thought "America is a big party" given the first thing she saw was NYC on the fourth of July. Came with her family due to the challenges they faced at home, and settled here. She's gone to school, gone to college, and has a good job. Pretty awesome! A good example of how awesome this country is!

04-Jul-18
Happy Independence day everyone, and thank you to our founding fore Father's !

04-Jul-18
Happy 4th of July!

04-Jul-18
Oh Say can you see ...

... O'er the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Star Spangled Banner."The Star-Spangled Banner" is the national anthem of the United States. The lyrics come from "Defence of Fort M'Henry",[2] a poem written on September 14, 1814, by the then 35-year-old lawyer and amateur poet Francis Scott Key after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by British ships of the Royal Navy in Baltimore Harbor during the Battle of Baltimore in the War of 1812. Key was inspired by the large U.S. flag, with 15 stars and 15 stripes, known as the Star-Spangled Banner, flying triumphantly above the fort.

It was a tough beginning 1775 - 1783 Independence ... then again in 1809 - 1815. War of 1812...

Civil War 1861 - 1865

WW1 July 1914 -( US April 1917 ) - 1918

WW2 Sept. 1941- 1945

04-Jul-18
My banker is a young woman who fled Albania to come to America. As a little girl she remembers when it was a communist country and how difficult life was for her family. She is very proud that she came to our country legally and lawfully.

04-Jul-18
Happy 4th guys! I have a similar story about my cousin's husband who immigrated here from Guatemala about 20 years ago. He and his family were so poor that he didn't own a pair of shoes until he was 15, he's now an engineer with a master's degree and both of his kids have always owned a pair of shoes.

04-Jul-18
The best counry in the world! Happy fourth guys!!

04-Jul-18
It certainly is moons, let's keep it that way. Happy Independence Day everyone!!

04-Jul-18
Happy Fourth Guys. When you hoist your drink tonight give a toast to our founders who risked their necks literally by signing our Declaration of Independence.

• Sitka Gear