RobinHood 05-Jul-18
Mini2024 05-Jul-18
Mini2024 05-Jul-18
Irishman 05-Jul-18
SBH 06-Jul-18
Mini2024 06-Jul-18
Mini2024 06-Jul-18
04-Jul-18
So I just moved out to Montana for college and plan to archery hunt. Now for public land I’ve read that you can legally hunt the National Forrest’s/parks correct? I plan to only do public land hunts till I get to know people. I just want to here the laws from locals. Thanks

05-Jul-18
National Forest yes, as long as your access to those public lands is not across private land. If by “parks” you mean National Parks (e.g., Yellowstone), no there is no hunting in parks. There are also other public lands you may hunt such as Bureau of Land Management and School Trust lands. Sometimes there are restrictions on public lands, but those are normally delineated in the FWP regs for that particular hunting district. If you can afford it, I suggest purchasing a Garmin GPS with the X Hunt chip for Montana. There is also a Montana version for your smartphone, but I’ve never used that product. That will give you ownership data for any land you may wish to hunt. Good luck and have fun!

05-Jul-18
Okay. So pretty much If it says National Forest you can hunt it just have to follow whatever restrictions it may have? I’m just trying to figure out this stuff because it’s new compared to hunting back home.

05-Jul-18
Okay. So pretty much If it says National Forest you can hunt it just have to follow whatever restrictions it may have? I’m just trying to figure out this stuff because it’s new compared to hunting back home.

05-Jul-18
In Montana there is really little need to ever hunt anything other than public land. Go to the forest service and get a map or maps of the different areas that you are thinking about hunting. The maps will show forest service land, state land, BLM land, and timber company land like Weyerhaeuser - all of which anyone can hunt. You can also get from FWP maps showing the land that private landowners have agreed to allow hunting on. You can go to the Montana FWP web page, look at the hunt planner, and it will give you maps and information on where you can hunt.

06-Jul-18
Spot on all the above. If its national forest, your good to go. Good luck to ya this season and welcome to MT

06-Jul-18
Alright cool Thanks guys. I also use onX map which also is great for out here being there’s so much land.

06-Jul-18
Alright cool Thanks guys. I also use onX map which also is great for out here being there’s so much land.

• Sitka Gear