DMC65 08-Jul-18
BOHNTR 10-Jul-18
Coyote 65 10-Jul-18
Coyote 65 12-Jul-18
Coyote 65 13-Jul-18
Boris 13-Jul-18
Coyote 65 13-Jul-18
05-Jul-18
11:00 pm, 4th of July heard a commotion outside, shined a flashlight out the window and there was a bear at the bird feeder. Must have amazing noses to smell birdseed.

Terry

05-Jul-18
They've had one tormenting the RV park I'm currently staying at in Show Low (while my home is being built)......G&F have set traps but have been unable to catch him! This drought is really sending them into towns......although it's raining pretty good in Lakeside right now.

08-Jul-18
Bears have the best nose of any animal I have encountered. I remember being told by a Canadian when I was seven yrs old how good their nose is . Maurice Olivier who started white river air service told me that he was approaching one of his trapline cabins and a bear was face first in his Beaver carcass pile , quite rank by that time he said, and the bear smelled him as the wind was drifting his scent to the bear. He said the bear stood up with a ripe carcass in his chops and threw his nose up and was gone instantly. That's a pretty good sniffer!

10-Jul-18

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Saw this one this evening running about.

10-Jul-18
The captured one in Tonto Village, but had to put it down because of injuries involved when they tranqualized it.

Terry

12-Jul-18

Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Retaining wall is 4 ft. high and 4 ft from the house.
Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Retaining wall is 4 ft. high and 4 ft from the house.
Evidently we have 2 bears in the neighborhood. One large one, and one not so large.

Terry

13-Jul-18
Just got an email that F&G just set up a bear trap. The bears have been breaking into the community dumpsters.

The dumpsters are supposed to be bear proof, but have not proven to be so. Will take a picture of the trap tomorrow.

Terry

13-Jul-18
If I was a bear, I would be heading to Darbies in Show low. Good eats.

13-Jul-18
F&G came this morning at 6:00 and picked up their trap with a bear in it, headed for parts unknown to release the sucker, so I didn't get a picture.

Terry

• Sitka Gear