Shuteye 25-Jun-19
Bogie 26-Jun-19
Bogie 26-Jun-19
Shuteye 28-Jun-19
hdaman 02-Jul-19
Shuteye 09-Aug-19
hdaman 12-Aug-19
05-Jul-18
I'm applying to hunt Sika and Whitetail in Blackwater, Maryland. Anyone ever hunt there? Any advice? Tips? Stories? Anything? Thanks.

05-Jul-18
there are several areas that are good. Get archery permit and you can explore a lot of spots. Be patient. 1st hour 10am, last hour of day are best. if windy walk around you can literally walk right up to them. they are very sneaky and quick, disappear in a heart beat. The best eating animal in the world. size are very small

20-Aug-18
Be prepared for the mosquitos man, they will kick your arse, Blackwater is really good place man, I would recommend taking a GPS because the grasses are so tall its super easy to get turned around. Mid October is best time the week during muzzle loader or during muzzleloader

29-Aug-18
The Biting flies are a big problem this year also. need a full head net to keep them off along with a therma cell or 2 got all my draws on Blackwater this year

13-Sep-18
On my bucket list!!!!!

14-Sep-18
WENT OUT LAST FRIDAY EVENING AND SATURDAY MORNING SAW1 EACH TIME NO SHOTS OPPURTUNITY BOTH WERE HINES.....

14-Sep-18
WENT OUT LAST FRIDAY EVENING AND SATURDAY MORNING SAW1 EACH TIME NO SHOTS OPPURTUNITY BOTH WERE HINES.....

16-Oct-18
Harvested a stag on Saturday, Blackwater. The rut in on this week lots of bugles and they are moving later in the day. Now is the time to be there if you want Sika's

22-Oct-18
Harvest another Sika Stag last week. 6 pointer with ML but could have shot him with bow at 35 yds. Good eats

25-Jun-19
I only went three times. I killed a sika Stag the first time and a female the second time. I had on hip boots and needed them. I was only a couple hundred yards from the parking lot and killed both deer from the same tree. I went in just before light and climbed a tree about twenty yards from the road. Came to within a couple inches of the top of my boots. Enjoyed seeing the great big fox squirrels. The reason I hunted so close to the parking lot is the first time I went to scout there were two stags fighting, right next to my truck in the parking lot, when I came out.

26-Jun-19
You must of been in Q1. There is a major trail close to where you park. Hip Boots are a must, it is wise to hunt with someone, can get turned around very easy.

26-Jun-19
I usually get 4 to 6 sika every year out of Blackwater, not very big but tasty eats. Plus they don't count on you state tags. This year is on line registrations for first time. pm for info.

28-Jun-19
Bogie, I carry a compass and know how to use it.

02-Jul-19
Looking for guidance from the folks with experience in the refuge. I'm in Calvert county and recently retired. With that said, my wife and I would really like to spend a few days sika hunting. I bought our permits, but it looks like there are only a couple of days of scouting allowed. What would be the best use of my time given there is so much ground/marsh to cover? Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

09-Aug-19
Stop at the headquarters and they will help you. They have great maps and if you tell them what you want to do they will be very helpful. A ranger told me where to go scout and I killed a sika with bow and arrow the first time I went.

12-Aug-19
Thank you. I'm eager to give this a go!

• Sitka Gear