BTM 08-Jul-18
wytex 09-Jul-18
BTM 09-Jul-18
Rob in VT 09-Jul-18
wytex 10-Jul-18
Franzen 15-Jul-18
06-Jul-18
Hey Guys,

Can anyone provide any insight on the Pinedale area? Specifically how is the town as far as crime, facilities like health care, and shopping/groceries etc? I may be headed there in the next year. How are the deer and elk populations in the area? Is public land access close to town?

Thank you for any insight . . . Rob

08-Jul-18
Rob: I retired here four years ago and like it a lot. Low crime, shopping's good (plus there's always Amazon), and (fingers crossed) the medical clinic should be upgraded to a hospital in a few years. Lots of outdoor recreation. My typing fingers are slow, but I'll PM you with my phone number if you want to jaw.

09-Jul-18
How's your air quality lately BTM?

We hear so much about the ozone problems in Pinedale but haven't seen it when driving through.

09-Jul-18
I love the air here! I don't walk around with an air monitor, of course, but IMHO the whole ozone issue is HUGELY overblown by the usual suspects for the usual obstructionist reasons.

09-Jul-18
How are the hunting opportunities?

10-Jul-18
Good to hear BTM. I'm betting he hunts pretty close to home, good country around there.

15-Jul-18
If it were me, personally I would take the advice I believe you got in your other thread, and go a bit further west in the state. From my experience, there are more options for services. Having said that, Pinedale is a fine place with hunting opportunity in all directions, depending on what you want to chase.

• Sitka Gear