NEIAbowhunter 08-Jul-18
t-roy 09-Jul-18
hobo 10-Jul-18
Shawn 12-Jul-18
Charlie Rehor 15-Jul-18
t-roy 16-Jul-18
Ollie 07-Aug-18
07-Jul-18
hello gentlemen i will be hunting the first two weeks of nov.this year around decorah zone 9 . I was wondering how cold it is typically this time of year? i dont want to over pack but dont want to caught unprepared either . Thank you & any response would be appreciated. Good luck to all this season

07-Jul-18
It can vary tremendously from highs in the 60s and even to 70 degrees. On the other end, I’ve seen daytime highs in single digits. Average daytime temps are usually roughly in the 30s and 40s and nighttime lows in the 20s and 30s. Better to bring more cold weather gear and not need it than freezing and wishing you had brought it. Are you driving or flying?

08-Jul-18
thanks for quick response t-roy.i will be flying in but will probably fed ex most of my gear in . sounds like weather would be as i expected, but he colder the better. i will plan on more cold weather then warm.it is easier to layer down if necc. what part of state do you hunt? i am from south jersey.

08-Jul-18
I live near West Union about 25-30 minutes south of Decorah. I would agree with t-roy's statement there can be some pretty good swings in temp. Last years day time highs for the first two weeks was around 38-43 average. Lows averaged probably at or a little below freezing. Think the coldest night was 12 degrees. If you need info on the area or anything else feel free to shoot me a private message.

09-Jul-18
I’m kinda in the central part of the state, hobo. I’d definitely bring lots of layers! It’s a total crap shoot as to what temps will be this November. Several years back, we had a pretty good stretch of days in early November where it barely made it out of single digits during the day. IMO, better too cold than too warm during the rut. Good luck this fall!

10-Jul-18
thanks all for response The colder the better!!

12-Jul-18
I was in the NW part of the state in 2016 on Nov. 15 I believe and it was 77 degrees a couple days later the high was 10, so be prepared for anything! Shawn

15-Jul-18
t-roy: Show him your back pack? It holds MANY layers.

16-Jul-18
Very funny Charlie!

I was just training and getting in shape for the late season! Oreos were part of the regiment too!;-)

07-Aug-18
Temps can hit the mid-70's in early November. If they do, most deer activity will shut right down. Bring clothes that let you layer. You need to be prepared for any temps from about 10-70 F.

• Sitka Gear