keepemsharp 07-Jul-18
Straight Arrow 07-Jul-18
keepemsharp 07-Jul-18
SmokedTrout 07-Jul-18
RobinHood 07-Jul-18
JL 08-Jul-18
keepemsharp 09-Jul-18
07-Jul-18
The wife and I are planning to head north west to your fair state later this month, no real plans just plan to wander around some. We would appreciate some ideas on places to go. Have been to Glacier and Yellowstone. Any ideas for a grey beard bowhunter?

07-Jul-18
Makoshika State Park, Glendive Pompey's Pillar, Custer Chief Plenty Coups State Park, Pryor Beartooth Highway, Red Lodge Museum of the Rockies, Bozeman Headwaters State Park, Three Forks Lewis & Clark Caverns, west of Three Forks Montana Historical Museum, Helena Gates of the Mountains, north of Helena First Peoples Pishkun, Ulm Charlie Russell Museum, Great Falls Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center / Giant Springs, Great Falls That list oughta keep you busy for awhile.

07-Jul-18
Quite a list, thanks, will get the maps out. Any more ideas appreciated.

07-Jul-18
Pony area, in the Tobacco Root mountains. Looks like Glacier but not near as many people. Elk Horn Hot Springs in the Pioneers, hit Crystal Park (short drive) and dig up some souvenirs.

07-Jul-18
The whole area from Polaris and the Grasshopper Inn, to Elkhorn Hotsprings, to Crystal Park, to the Wise River, Coolidge Ghost Town and the town of Wise River on the Big Hole River is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful areas in the state (and there are lots of them). The family loves camping along the Wise. There are several very nice USFS campgrounds, but we enjoy finding one of the many camp areas along the river and away from the crowds (relative term meaning "away from anyone else").

08-Jul-18
We're heading there too on the 20th. Aside from GNP, the bro says to go to the Buffalo Reserve/National Park south west of Polson. That is supposed to be a cool drive checking out all the critters roaming around. While in the area of Kalispel/Big Fork....there is a pretty cool fish hatchery there you can check out. I've been to that one and if you like trout you'll enjoy the visit. It's a self-guided walk thru kind of thing....nothing fancy but I enjoyed it.

09-Jul-18
Thanks folks, will keep checking in.

• Sitka Gear