Live2hunt 20-Jul-18
CaptMike 20-Jul-18
Drop Tine 20-Jul-18
Pasquinell 20-Jul-18
Pasquinell 20-Jul-18
11-Jul-18

Missouribreaks's Link

11-Jul-18
Can I get one with Batman or Spiderman logos on it?

11-Jul-18
No more discussion about crossbows being too heavy and bulky, right up the mountain with this baby.

11-Jul-18
For someone that’s a self proclaimed archer and BOWHUNTER, why do you keep posting about crossbows, Missouri? Everyone has read your SAME tired ass message of how bowhunters are lazy and the sky is falling. I think occasionally you offer something to this forum, but these constant messages reworded 100 different ways about the end of bowhunting as we know it are tiring, and render your good contributions useless. Why don’t you stick to bowhunting, where you may or may not have some knowledge?

11-Jul-18
Pshhhh!!! Right on Reggiezpop!! Let it go already Missouri

11-Jul-18
Agree

12-Jul-18
Reggie

X4

12-Jul-18
Are crossbows bowhunting? Maybe I am confused, what are the thoughts on here? Is the P&Y Club just as confused as me?

12-Jul-18
Everyone has stated their thoughts on it. And you have stated your ONE thought, time and time again. Regardless of topic, or relevance. Offering next to nothing for the new or the seasoned hunter.

13-Jul-18
Hey Missery! Crossbows are NOT archery equipment. Archery equipment is powered by a human physically drawing the string of a bow back to an anchor point holding it with his or her own strength and releasing the arrow when they are ready to release it. A crossbow is a mechanical device that holds the string until the person shooting the crossbow is ready to shoot the bolt.

We won't be having any tests, I believe you are more than smart enough to understand.

This is an Archery site, not a Crossbow site.

Thank you and good night.....

13-Jul-18
Another who's who afraid to register with their real name.....

Joe Dirt, from Saskatchewan....That's original....

13-Jul-18
Joe Dirt, Neverbait or Dirtbag, all the same person.

13-Jul-18
Jabber if you dont like training wheels there is always Leatherwall you could go troll? Or do your nonsense comments get threads deletes too quickly?

13-Jul-18
It must suck to not have any friends in your own country and be reduced to going on the Internet to a Wisconsin bowsite to talk smack. Find a hobby. Good grief.

15-Jul-18
Buckjabber does offer some valid points.

15-Jul-18
The points he might offer come with so much baggage that they are not worth looking at. Kind of like the seagulls trying to pick corn from the manure.

17-Jul-18
This is Pat's site and I believe he shoots a compound bow with a release so for Bowsite purposes I'm pretty sure a compound bow with a release is considered archery...

17-Jul-18
"Oh no not this nonsense again", who is a bowhunter and who is not... what nonsense.... got to go trout fishing,,, I should never punch this particular thread

17-Jul-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Maybe we can get together and go trout fishing next summer after I retire... :^)

17-Jul-18

CaptMike's embedded Photo
Caught this trout today.

19-Jul-18
Nice skirt Captain! People actually keep Browns and Greasers. Yuck...

19-Jul-18
Mike I would like that, I will take you to some great spots in the UP, and there is no one, in those spots, for the most part, unless some guy is lost,,,, ha ha

19-Jul-18
I look forward to it, I used to do a lot more trout fishing but currently don't have the time for it...

19-Jul-18
What gear do you use GH? Barbed, barbless, fly, spinning, fly rod or pack in???

19-Jul-18
Depends,,,,, I caught the hex hatch well this year, since it was not a big hatch, the fishing was good. I use #6 and #4 size Hex, tyed by the late Royce Dam. 8 foot Fenwick on a 6 weight, no fooling around with browns at night...............

My dry fly rod, for most of the summer, is a Flying Pig, 8 foot 2 weight 4 piece, purchased at the Driftless Angler in Viroqua. Life time warranty, but the rod builder is out of business, (go figure).... lays a small dry out like babys breath

My spin rods are Lexus, and my reels are Shimano..... loaded with 6lb Berkley green

Best baits are various spinners, but for the most part, I love spoons, small ones, that go deep quick,,,,,,, best all around stream lure for me, is the Luhr Jensen Super Duper 503 in gold and red tip..... looks like a tuning fork, works very well

My pack rod is a 5 piece Eagle Rod, the blank was purchased and home made project. Have had that rod for 20 years. lost the Quick reel, it was set for, now have some cheap ice reel on it now..........

My bait rod, is a 9 foot Strike graphite cane pole, that I just carry in, small, and get to the stream, and with a flick, out it goes. attached is a 6 feet of line, small split shot, and a wet fly. It is an absolute killer, working deep back in the woods streams, you know the type, you have to work upstream, because every move, sends a ripple on the water, and the bog moving. You flick this rod upstream, and you are dappling the wet fly back,,,,, hook ups are quick like your ice fishing, since your using an extended pole.

You have a stealth approach with this system, a spin rod or fly rod is useless in this situation, you can use them, but does not put you in the zone, fast enough. If you fish bait, a jig and worm your going to empty the stream. Your hook ups are good for releases, since they have not time, to swallow the bait.

I use a lot of barbless hooks, but find a lot of them, just are not strong enough. I replace my spin lures, with single good hooks, and file only part of the barb down on each hook.

I like to eat brook trout, and I eat a lot of them. But I release lots of fish, my hands are always wet, I do not want the fish out of the water, and a flick of the hook, will set them free. I try not to over stress a fish.

A fly rod, is the worse stresser in my opinion on small trout, so I take it easy on them when I can..........

Want to talk flies, send me a PM...... I have hundreds, but use only a few. Spent a lot of bum time, at Buettners shop on the Wolf, while in college. Arling Erickson was one of the best trouters I ever saw, use to have a fly shop in Poysippi

I have fished a whole month, just on Pass Lakes

Been at trout 54 years,, do not get me going, I love to talk, trout,,,,, got to go,,,, this is bowsite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

20-Jul-18

Eating these makes me Happy.

20-Jul-18
me too

20-Jul-18
Yep, walleyes are tasty. Iv'e been doing pretty good on them this year. Released alot of them 20+ inches. Kept 10 or so 16-18. Just had walleye tacos a couple nights ago.

20-Jul-18
Yes, I always release those bigger ones and getting smaller “eater” size ones has not been too difficult. Fishing is a great way to get from hunting season to hunting season!

20-Jul-18

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
This tank rolled on a Panther Marten.

20-Jul-18
Great info GH! I fell in love with fly fishing after having the pleasure of meeting and talking to Lee Wulff as a kid. My bro in law is ranking within the world of trout unlimited and until a few years ago, was a guide in the Adirondack / Catskills.

Fishing the Ausable with a Wulff Ausable... great memories I had.

20-Jul-18
Funny story - brother and I were on this remote stream where the native trout were sooo skitchy! You had to sneak up, stay from the edge and hope not to be seen. We discussed our strategy and split up within 40 yards of each other.

Slllowly we crept up keeping in line with each other and crouching the whole way. As I near the water and ready to throw a fly in, I here this scream and a huge splash. My brother stepped on a bees nest just before waters edge and jumped in to get away. So much for those brookies!

• Sitka Gear