Mathews Inc.
Schoolcraft Refuge
Minnesota
Contributors to this thread:
Masterdriver 11-Jul-18
12yards 11-Jul-18
11-Jul-18
I have been reading a lot of comments about Schoolcraft Refuge. Potlatch paid virtually nothing I taxes to log in this refuge for years and years. In the winter of '96 & '97 when the snow was deep and temperatures reached 50 below zero a group of us fed deer in this refuge every single day. We spent thousands of dollars to protect these animals from starving and freezing to death. Potlatch did nothing!!! Now they lease so much land in this refuge and we are no longer able to access the land to hunt. Potlatch and the Blandin Paper Company in Grand Rapids promised public use of this land for decades. What a travesty by our state DNR and state representatives. The last time I was back home to hunt Schoolcraft refuge, there was so little land available to hunt. Congratulations to all the anti-hunting organizations and the MN DNR for succeeding in destroying our heritage that we worked so hard to keep....disappointing!! I see the same thing in Arizona, where I live now. The Game and Fish departments across this nation want draw money without any hunting benefits. i.e. the old moose draws in Minnesota were a joke.

11-Jul-18
How is this DNR's fault?

• Sitka Gear