raceguy 11-Jul-18
Pigsticker 12-Jul-18
splitlimb13 12-Jul-18
Pigsticker 12-Jul-18
ohiohunter 12-Jul-18
Red Sparky 14-Jul-18
Pigsticker 18-Jul-18
11-Jul-18
I have been researching 16C and realized that my normal camping spot was not a camping corridor. This created several questions.

1. 40 feet doesn’t seem like enough distance to be off of the road. Do any of you opt to camp in those areas? If so, how did it work out for you?

2. Since you can’t use 4 wheelers to recover meat do any of you use carts? What type?

Any thoughts on how the travel management plan has affected how you approach this hunt now versus before would be appreciated.

11-Jul-18
I haven't drawn 16C in several years, so I'm not up to date with the travel management plan. Sorry I can't help you out there, but I like the unit.

However I normally hunt solo, with no ATV. I carry 5 mesh game bags and use the gutless method, hiking out piece by piece. In the areas I hunt in 16C, carts would be useless.

12-Jul-18
Raceguy, thanks for basically summing up what I was thinking. I did talk to a guy who worked at the forestry office who said he used a cart in another unit. I have hunted the unit twice and knew that if a cart could be used it would have to be some beefed up version.

12-Jul-18
Michael invest in a exo pack so you can pack that big bull out! Haha

12-Jul-18
I have a backpack so I will stick with unless that Exopack has wheels!

12-Jul-18
Backpack? That doesn't sound too promising, now I know why you're considering a cart.

14-Jul-18
40 ft. from the road is not far enough to camp. I have a cart and attempted to use it once. Cabela's had their Alaskan I and bag on sale for under $100 so that is what I use to get the game out.

18-Jul-18
Sparky thanks.

• Sitka Gear