Contributors to this thread:
Bushman 11-Jul-18
Tjw 12-Jul-18
JakeBrake 14-Jul-18
Glunker 14-Jul-18
BULELK1 17-Jul-18
Bushman 17-Jul-18
11-Jul-18
Last season I had a friend that shot a very nice buck and his mechanical broad head failed to open. The buck got away but was found until several weeks later. I have used Thunderheads for what seems like forever. I have considered trying mechanicals but there would always be the worry in my mind that the broad head might not open. My question is, has anyone else had a mechanical not open up?

12-Jul-18
i used rockets for a couple years but the rubberbands started to be unreliable. now I am using sliktricks. had a buddy that had a rage malfunction. good luck

14-Jul-18
My bro-in-law also had a malfunction with a rage... I don’t shoot a compound, but if I did, I wouldn’t shoot mechanicals if they were given to me

14-Jul-18
Bushman, for what it is worth I shot thunderheads for decades and there are much better flying and penetrating heads, especially wasps.

17-Jul-18
I too am a Thunderhead 100grn type guy.

Sure , I have tried mechanicals but I just like my Thunderhead's

Good luck, Robb

17-Jul-18
Great info folks! Just knowing that a mechanical might not open could affect my concentration during the shot. I love the Thunder Heads because they are so darned tough. I do experience some flight problems but most of the time it's the jerk behind the string. As suggested, I may try some Wasps. I'm not to old to learn something.

• Sitka Gear