Inshart 14-Jul-18
12yards 18-Jul-18
Tonybear61 21-Jul-18
Tonybear61 21-Jul-18
beckerbulldog 23-Jul-18
South Farm 23-Jul-18
SD BuckBuster 22-Aug-18
12-Jul-18
The annual "are you going to Ripley" thread. If so, why? Did you go or know somebody that went last year?

For me it's more of a tradition with my brothers and dad that I hang on to. The hunting of the 90's and early 2000's are long gone but man the memories and stories are still there. I took a few years off but may give it a shot again this year.

Were any of you up there in the 70s or 80s? What was that like?

12-Jul-18
It is getting better again. I always hunt it, but I live right here.

12-Jul-18
late 60's, 70's and 80's and some 90's. Don't go there any more I have my own land. Things I miss, things I don't miss.

14-Jul-18
I started hunting Ripley back in the early 70's. Skipped about 10 years and have now been going again the past 5 or so years. DEFINITELY not what it used to be.

18-Jul-18
Back to two deer again and 2000 hunters per hunt. I guess it won't be getting better again. Will be back to crap in a year or two.

21-Jul-18
70s and 80s were good times. Except when they took away everyone's permit that one year the stupid local kid snuck in , took muntion , playing with it at home nearly blew a hand off.

Unfortunately had 3 deer stolen from us after the shot in that place. Nothing really big but it still sucks when you get to the dead bed and its gone, or track someone back to their vehicle, hands you back your arrow, etc. Thinking of going again this year, its been about 17 years since last trip. Don't get a flat while in line I was damn near run over by the NSCAR types. DNR was no help on crowd control or assisting ("you can't park there"-um I have a flat you moron.)

21-Jul-18
70s and 80s were good times. Except when they took away everyone's permit that one year the stupid local kid snuck in , took muntion , playing with it at home nearly blew a hand off.

Unfortunately had 3 deer stolen from us after the shot in that place. Nothing really big but it still sucks when you get to the dead bed and its gone, or track someone back to their vehicle, hands you back your arrow, etc. Thinking of going again this year, its been about 17 years since last trip. Don't get a flat while in line I was damn near run over by the NSCAR types. DNR was no help on crowd control or assisting ("you can't park there"-um I have a flat you moron.)

23-Jul-18
I went back in the 70's and the deer population was crazy. If we didn't see over 100 deer a day it was a bad day. There was no limit on the number of people they let in back then, I believe, so finding a spot to yourself was tough.

23-Jul-18
Never sounded appealing enough to go through the hassle of applying. Crowds and bowhunting just don't mix with me...and in recent years your chance of a wall-hanger ain't nearly as good as they were back in the 80's. The surrounding land is no worse and way less other people.

22-Aug-18
Results come out when?

• Sitka Gear