Missing Hiker on Mt.Meeker
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Ckapp22 12-Jul-18
Jaquomo 12-Jul-18
Destroyer350 13-Jul-18
12-Jul-18

Ckapp22's Link
Guys, Im sure most of you local CO guys have heard about the missing hiker on Mt.Meeker. For those not familiar, it is the peak just southeast of Longs Peak. The hiker has been missing for about 12 days now and there have been no signs of life. It sounds like there have probably been over 100 searchers, helicopters,dogs,etc that have helped in the search.

Search and rescue has now pretty much turned into a volunteer effort it sounds, with the help of a few official agencies. One of his buddies has been organizing volunteer hikes for the last week and plans to continue the search until the hiker is found.

For anyone that is local and looking for a good excuse to continue hiking and getting into shape for season, im sure they would appreciate as many boots on the ground as possible. I am going to try and make it for the weekend myself. Obviously guys with proper gps units, clothing and equipment is necessary, as they don't want a volunteer search to become another search and rescue mission. I have attached the link for the facebook page if anyone is interested in more info. I can post more info as I get it as well if anyone requests here or via PM.

I have no affiliation with the hiker or anyone involved, but I figured there were probably a few guys here on the bowsite community that would be willing to help a fellow outdoorsman in need.

-Ckapp

12-Jul-18
His best friend believes he took a straight route from peak to parking lot. Apparently SAR considered that a low probability area so the best bud is concentrating there. Sounds like he's a serious survivor, but...

13-Jul-18
Hopefully they find him but it has been a long time. There is also a missing hiker by Telluride.

• Sitka Gear