onX Maps
August 1st - Mark your calendars
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Grasshopper 13-Jul-18
Seahorse 13-Jul-18
Treeline 14-Jul-18
13-Jul-18
Mark your calendars, August 1st will be a key meeting for the NE region of the CPW Sportsmans Roundable.

At this meeting, 2 sportsman seats will be open for election. This role allows the elected person to have direct dialogue with CPW leadership on topics that matter to all hunters and anglers. As an elected delegate, you will not only interact with CPW, but collaborate with sportsman at large, and other conservation organizations from around the state. Each region holds several meeting within its geography per year, and you would also be signing up for a two year term, and several in person and teleconference meeting per year with the statewide roundtable group. Colorado has hundreds of thousands of sportsman, this is your chance to serve them.

For full disclosure, I currently serve as an elected delegate in the NE region. I may or may not run for re-election. The volunteer time commitment is real, and I also serve on the CBA board which takes a great deal of time. One thing I am certain of, the roundtable needs more bowhunters. We should all show up to vote for candidates that align with our views so we can be represented.

Watch for upcoming press releases, and the full agenda by subscribing to the CPW Insider. While the agenda is being finalized, I suspect we will discuss the big game application increases in 2018, get an update from the CWD working group, and allow time for an open forum question and answer session where all questions are fair game.

The meeting location will be at CPW HQ, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO in the hunter ed building. Start time is TBD, but likely to be 6pm. More info to come.

Hope to see you there, and If I run for relection - to get your vote!

13-Jul-18
Please let it be someone who's older, and doesn't believe today's insanity is "normal". What worries me is each new generation sees how things are now as their base model. They don't understand how much better wildlife populations and most human situations used to be (and could be). Of course this is a generalization. Don't want to write a book here. Good luck Grasshopper.

14-Jul-18
Steve,

Thank you for the commitment you have shown with the Sportsman’s Roundtable and the CBA Liason. It is a big job and you have done well representing the sportsmen and women of Colorado. It may not seem so but your efforts have been and are greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, I am up to my neck with work these days. I will be in Santiago, Chile that week.

• Sitka Gear