xi 13-Jul-18
Belchertown Bowman 14-Jul-18
xi 14-Jul-18
Belchertown Bowman 14-Jul-18
Proline 14-Jul-18
jdrdeerslayer 15-Jul-18
Ungie01201 16-Jul-18
13-Jul-18
It looks like they have increased the doe permits in most western zones. Would have been nice to know that prior to buying a license as I might have chosen a different zone. I guess western MA is now crawling with deer lol.

13-Jul-18
they dont want deer , i have no idea y else they would do this , i have not seen a increase in deer numbers i zones western 5-6

13-Jul-18
Spike, think about it. Every state doesn't set their doe permit numbers until they have their winter survival and fawn production data. Then they set the number of permits available in each zone and then set the application period. Mass let's you apply Jan 1st, less than 8hrs after the previous season closes with NO data. I have zero faith in MASS wildlife concerning our deer herd management. Like I said, open the season October 1st and close it 2 weeks earlier in the month of December to save our deer yards in zones 1-4 !

14-Jul-18
Where you seeing that,.. was that zone 7 too or 6? or just 1-4?

14-Jul-18
BB, zones 5-8 stayed the same in permit numbers. 7 is still at 2,250.

14-Jul-18
Damn it,.. screwed to the East. Screwed to the West,.. “Stuck in the middle again”.

:/

Well,.. others enjoy, have fun and bag a big one!

14-Jul-18
Xi. Pretty much spot on.

15-Jul-18
i agree with xi. i apply for a doe permit every year .....and have not filled one in since 03 or 04 .....by choice . the numbers are not there . i fill the freezer out of state

16-Jul-18
I have certain areas in Western MA that I will fill a zone 3 doe tag and others I won't even consider.

• Sitka Gear