David Mitchell 18-Jul-18
Jim Casto Jr 18-Jul-18
Babysaph 19-Jul-18
WV Mountaineer 19-Jul-18
Babysaph 20-Jul-18
David Mitchell 20-Jul-18
Babysaph 20-Jul-18
14-Jul-18
I saw where the airbows were legal in Va now. Anyone have any idea when they will be legal here in WV?

14-Jul-18
Probably only a matter of time JR. They shoot an arrow so they "must " be archery gear, right???

14-Jul-18
Man I can't take it. LOL. I remember when guys in the 70's would take an arrow and somehow got it to shoot out of a 410 or 20 ga. and it was illegal. All the outlaws killed deer with them that were too lazy to hunt. In fact I remember random gunpowder checks at the checking stations during bow seasons. It was all the rage then. I think Imma break out my old 410.

18-Jul-18
I had heard the air Le was trying to be legalized in VA. That was back towards the beginning of the year. It didn’t pass. Did some other bill get it through? Was this last attempt kept quiet? When did this happen JR? I think you’ve been dubbed and, just gullible enough to believe it.

18-Jul-18

Jim Casto Jr's Link
https://www.richmondsunlight.com/bill/2018/hb1393/

18-Jul-18
So JR is gullible, huh, WV Mountaineer? Still think so after reading Jim's link? Won't be long until it's introduced here.

18-Jul-18
I think It passed but could be wrong. I did read on a Va site it passed and hunters were complaining about it. Remember Mountaineer when we had these conversations about the crossbow? Everyone just kind of poo pooed it like it wouldn't happen. The airbow season will happen here. I guarantee it.

18-Jul-18
I noticed from the Link that Jim sent that one of the comments was that one hunter did not see much difference in that than the crossbow. That logic will get it passed here. I don't see much difference in sticking an arrow in a shotgun either and shooting it. LOL.

18-Jul-18
JR, I heard a proponent of the crossbow make a very similar claim regarding the crossbow being not that different from a compound. That was in a committee hearing headed by then Sen. Shirley Love. So, yeah, I expect to hear that very argument in the not too distant future. Did you see the margins by which that bill passed? Passed the Senate 34 to 6! I bet some pressure was brought to bear from industry. That and it fits so perfectly with the "anything to make it easier to kill a deer" mentality.

18-Jul-18
It appears to be simple math; deer numbers need to be kept at a certain level and hunter numbers (read that as license sales) are going down. Those things result in extended seasons, liberal bag limits.... and.... the introduction of the crossbow... and probably... the airbow sometime in the future.

19-Jul-18
I guess you are right Jimmy.

19-Jul-18
David, yes I very much believe that JR is gullible on some subjects. I said that plainly so, there was no need to ask me what I think if I've already said so. But, to put that in perspective so you can't twist it into something I didn't say, based on my naive nature, I too am susceptible to the same.

JR, I stand corrected. The one thing I posses that many of these "men" here do not, is to say when I am wrong. Instead of edit it out of existence or try and twist things. I to had heard it had passed but, a hunter friend of mine from Richmond assured me it hadn't. Looks like I was the one dubbed. Thanks again and God Bless

20-Jul-18
Care to bet it passes here? Like Jimmt said. We need dead deer

20-Jul-18
The "men" here appreciate your clarification. :o)

20-Jul-18
I am gullible I thought the bowhunters would fight to keep these types of weapons out of the real bow seasons. :)

• Sitka Gear