MambaHNTR 14-Jul-18
Tjw 14-Jul-18
MambaHNTR 15-Jul-18
Tjw 15-Jul-18
BULELK1 17-Jul-18
Bushman 17-Jul-18
MambaHNTR 17-Jul-18
14-Jul-18
Looks like I missed the draw on a cow tag . What are the chances of getting one now? i have never hunted Utah , only Colorado and was thinking of driving out and starting out in utah hunting till I have killed a cow, then if time allows heading to Colorado and bull hunt. The meat is very important to my family and it seems like if I could figure out a good place I could up my odds with starting there. I'm 51 and in pretty good shape will probably be solo.I generally drive my Ford diesel van and just camp in it. Van is not 4 wheel drive.Just wondering if that seems like a doable plan. Any advise would be great! Wayne

14-Jul-18
utah has over the counter archery tags. In most limited entry bull areas u can shoot a spike or cow, in general bull area u can shoot any elk.

15-Jul-18
So can I show up in Utah and buy a tag ?

15-Jul-18
yes

17-Jul-18
They (Elk Tags) go On Sale, July 19th @ 0800 online or at vendors and DWR offices.

Like stated above Spike/cow units are the same as LE bull units but make sure you double check as to arrowing a cow and there are LE units that don't have the option for Spike/cow....

Enjoy,

Good luck, Robb

17-Jul-18
Wayne, I have hunted a general season unit for many years. It's pretty tough (IMHO) to get on a lot of elk. I would suggest you spike hunt on a LE unit. I am not sure how much time you have to hunt but whacking a spike should be doable.

17-Jul-18
Thanks for the info . Bushman I kinda thought the same thing, LE unit with real good numbers of elk and try to get one quick so i still have time to bull hunt in Colorado .I can be gone 15-20 days I'm self employed, hopefully if things keep going the way they are I'll have even more time next couple years.I never did the points thing, not to computer savy,so Im content to bring home a cow for meat .Have a try for a bull ,perhaps get one and certianly have a great bowhunting adventure!Wayne

• Sitka Gear