Dirk Diggler 18-Jul-18
Dirk Diggler 18-Jul-18
yooper89 18-Jul-18
altitude sick 18-Jul-18
yooper89 18-Jul-18
yooper89 18-Jul-18
altitude sick 18-Jul-18
16-Jul-18
I’ll be heading down to Fort Garland area today for work. I anticipate being there for at least a week or two. Are there any ranges or archery shops in the area that I might be able to check out? I’ll be busy during most days helping out with inspections after the fire, but evenings should be wide open.

Thanks!

16-Jul-18
Yooper is everything inside the Spring Fire boundaries completely destroyed or is it spotty and more of a random thing

17-Jul-18
I’ll let you know today. Took the long way in from Fort Collins yesterday so we haven’t driven through the burn zone yet.

17-Jul-18
Ft Garland - yikes! 'Don't know of any gear shops near there - it will be interesting to hear if there are any. We are always just passing by.

17-Jul-18
I’m thinking Alamosa,or Walsenburg would be closest possible shop. If that.

18-Jul-18
Altitude- so far from what I’ve seen the structural damages have been hit and miss. I went to a couple homes that had retardant heli-dropped, only to have the fire come back around a ridge the next day and nearly take the home out.

I’ve seen a few homes where the chimney is the only thing left standing.

18-Jul-18

PO Cedar's embedded Photo
Alamosa newspaper
PO Cedar's embedded Photo
Alamosa newspaper
We were evacuated and camped for 10 days...got back to the condo in Cuchara and the wildfire didn't make it quite there..

18-Jul-18
What a shame - some really beautiful country. Is it mostly up on La Veta Pass? We go through there every year.

18-Jul-18
Forbes Park, Raspberry Mtn., north across LaVeta Pass, up towards Red Wing, Hwy.69...

18-Jul-18
Although the beetle kill was terrible in that area. So in the long run it will really help the animals.

18-Jul-18
So did most of Forbes Park burn?

18-Jul-18

Dirk Diggler's embedded Photo

18-Jul-18

18-Jul-18
Yep. Got a lot worse today. Made it further into Forbes Park. A lot of homes destroyed. Very sobering driving through it.

18-Jul-18
Yoop, did it kill all the trees or did they live.

18-Jul-18
A mix. Some areas the trees are green - some pine, some aspen - and burn surrounding them, but others it looks like burnt toothpicks standing as far as you can see.

18-Jul-18

yooper89's embedded Photo

18-Jul-18
Well it’s terrible for people that lost their homes. Or vacation cabins. But it will be great for the critters.

• Sitka Gear