arch2112 18-Jul-18
Huntskifishcook 18-Jul-18
Huntskifishcook 18-Jul-18
MA_Bowhunter 18-Jul-18
Jebediah 19-Jul-18
hickstick 19-Jul-18
17-Jul-18

MA_Bowhunter's Link
Not MA related, but I figure our Mass Wildlife folks will pick up on this soon enough.

New Trail Camera Regulation Now in Effect The Nevada Department of Wildlife wants to make sure you're aware of an upcoming trail camera regulation. For more information, you can view a the official regulation in the link. It essentially says no trail cameras on public land, or private land without permission from the land owner, from August 1 to December 31. That would be quite a change in habits for me.

18-Jul-18
Ugh,..

18-Jul-18
I don't understand the reason for this... just seems like anti hunting propaganda to me .

18-Jul-18
def a response to the instant upload to your phone style camera...

18-Jul-18
I don't think MA would have the same issues as out west. I have a handful of camera's out in a large area. I've seen two other cameras in 5 years.

18-Jul-18
I read an article about this a while back, it might have been about Arizona cam use, but I'm sure it's a similar situation in Nevada. It's so dry that all the animals in an area were forced to go to just a few isolated water holes. Guys could throw up a few cams leading to these water holes and basically have every animal in the area patterned with in a week, no actual woodsmsnship necessary. I'm not sure if it's actually as easy as this article made it sound, but if that was a common occurrence in Nevada I can see the need for that sort of rule.

18-Jul-18
And sorry, just read your link. Looks like they have already discussed the water hole issue there.

18-Jul-18
Arch, I agree.

Hunt, yes, water holes issues, so not the same here, but if enough antis complain about trail cams in Mass....

19-Jul-18
Totally get the thing about water sources, that sounds crazy. Although I like my cameras, and therefore I’m part of the problem, I’ll admit that one thing I dislike generally is that I’m out in the woods wondering how many times I’ve been photographed by someone else’s camera. I’m a little bit Amish. Abandoned one spot this year just because there were so many cameras. In addition to getting my picture taken, every camera represents a guy that will be in there at one time or another. No thanks.

19-Jul-18
That reg really wouldn't effect me too much...I pretty much only use mine post season now to see what made it through the war.

• Sitka Gear