onX Maps
Lost Creek Wilderness
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
huntosolo 18-Jul-18
aaron 18-Jul-18
Destroyer350 18-Jul-18
18-Jul-18
Fellow bowsiters, question for anyone familiar with the Lost Creek Wilderness. I'm going a bit stir crazy not being able to access my draw unit due to closure. So I'm backpacking the Lost Creek Wilderness Loop this weekend to get my fix. I'll be leaving from Colorado Springs with a late-afternoon start. Which TH would you suggest especially with the late-start: Goose Creek, Spruce Grove Campground, or Lost Creek Campground? Thanks so much.

18-Jul-18
I have not been to Spruce Grove but I have been to Goose Creek and Lost Creek. Based on where you are at with the late start, I would go with Goose Creek as it is probably the closest to you. I had a friend that was out there a few weeks ago and he said that after hiking a ways on Goose Creek there was very little to no water (for what it's worth). This would make sense to me as that place is pretty darn dry year round. Hope you have a good time!

18-Jul-18
I havent done the loop but I have gone in Goose Creek and stayed a couple nights. There is some pretty cool campsites by the Shaft House.

• Sitka Gear