Contributors to this thread:
Rich 19-Jul-18
Kansasclipper 19-Jul-18
Rich 19-Jul-18
Kansasclipper 19-Jul-18
ksq232 19-Jul-18
Thornton 21-Jul-18
19-Jul-18
I live out in the country and most Springs, we are over run by cotton tails like everybody I suppose. This year, no different except that it seems rather suddenly a few weeks ago, they all just flat disappeared. I mean, not a one have I seen in quite a while. They used to come right up to the patio glass in the mornings, but I haven't seen one even at night. I did find a dead on my place about a month or so back which seemed healthy, not a mark or injury on it but dead as a door nail nonetheless. We always see fewer of them after the Spring, but never do they become nonexistent, could this be some kind of disease out break or something? Do the hot and dry conditions have anything to do with it?

19-Jul-18
They always disappear in the heat of summer. I have a few coming into the bird feeder but not like it was back in April and May. Rabbits have a life span of about 12 months which is why they have 3 or 4 litters a year. We generally have a couple of little bunnies that stay in the front yard but had a damned owl hanging out here for several weeks so I think he got most of them.

19-Jul-18
It's understandable that they get reduced down significantly, but I haven't even seen any in the head lights driving in after dark.

We have several at any given time that come in and graze just outside the glass patio door on the house. Drives our cats crazy, but they are never allowed outside so the bunnys are safe from them.

19-Jul-18
I typically don't see rabbits at night. But I very seldom drive after dark.

19-Jul-18
We still have them in our yard every morning/evening.

21-Jul-18
There are half a dozen in the neighborhood of my shop that disappear and reappear as they wish. I've noticed at my farm, the snow always reveals how many numbers there are and there are always more than I thought.

• Sitka Gear