gobbler 27-Jul-18
WVBOWHUNTER 01-Aug-18
Babysaph 01-Aug-18
Lefthand Hunter 03-Aug-18
camoguy 17-Aug-18
gobbler 17-Aug-18
camoguy 17-Aug-18
20-Jul-18
I have shot a whisker biscuit for many years but am thinking of putting a drop away on. Any recommendations that won't break the bank?

20-Jul-18
I’ve shot a QAD for years. I think they make several models. I like them, my accuracy improved a lot when I went to a drop away test .

20-Jul-18
I've been shooting the whisper biscuit for 20 years, never miss a deer. I've thought about changing but always hesitate about adding complexity to the mix. Maybe one day, maybe I'm just lucky because I'm not the best shot in town. I have a buddy, who happens to shoot a drop away, is maybe the best shot I know. He stacks them at 35 yards, I try to keep in a 4 inch kill zone group. I've seen him screw up multiple times on a deer and I put them down. Don't know why, I'm definitely not the better shot. I believe more in it's the rhythm and being calm on the shot. I could be wrong though, impossible to figure out what's in another guys head.

21-Jul-18
Target shooting and bowhunting are 2 different things .

21-Jul-18
I'm good at 8 yards

21-Jul-18
JR, I’m about as good as you ! At 8-10 yards I can shake 1 in there- at least most of the time !

23-Jul-18
I shoot a QAD on my No-Cam. A limb driver rest was recommended for my son's bow because it is dual-cam. It seems to work flawlessly also. I'd check with a good pro-shop on what would work best for the bow you shoot.

23-Jul-18
I did have a drop away cost me a kill on a P&Y buck two years ago. Fifteen yards broadside and the deer was looking the opposite direction. The rest did not drop away like it was supposed to and the arrow hit the ground at his hoof. Wow was I disappointed. I guess hunting in the rain numerous times really messed up the performance of the rest. I now have a new drop away that seems to work fine. I almost went back to the WB after that ordeal.

24-Jul-18
There you go, added a little complexity into the equation and it will fail you eventually. WB never fails, I even slipped in the mud traversing ravine and landed right on my biscuit bending it over about an inch. I bent it back and continued on my way and it did not fail me the rest of the day, of course I saw nothing but that's another matter.

27-Jul-18
The Whisker Biscuit never let me down at hunting ranges, but in my desire for better arrow flight and less damage to my vanes, I went to a drop a way. I like the Limdriver. It's easy to set up and since it attaches directly to your bow limb, it doesn't mess with timing the way some can that attach to your a bow cable.

27-Jul-18
Any moving metal part needs inspection and lubrication periodically especially after rain or snow

01-Aug-18
QAD

01-Aug-18
I use a Bear Weatherrest

03-Aug-18
QAD

17-Aug-18
I dumped my drop away for a Whisker Biscuit and I don't imagine I will ever go back. The biggest problem was it wanted to drop away when I aimed down out of a tree stand. It may have been defective, but I hated it. I can't imagine ever switching back.

17-Aug-18
I’ve never had problems with mine dropping while shooting down

17-Aug-18
I think what was happening is I would come to full draw, then angle down, and the movement was allowing the arrow to slide slightly forward and cause the rest to drop. Regardless, that has not happened a single time with my Whisker Biscuit ;)

• Sitka Gear