SloMo 31-Jul-18
peterk1234 31-Jul-18
SloMo 02-Aug-18
drslyr 02-Aug-18
Eastie778 02-Aug-18
mrw 02-Aug-18
21-Jul-18

peterk1234's Link
Okay, I have it wired at this point so I figured I would post up a better vid showing how I do it. I double dog dare you to come up with a lighter, more compact and quicker setup :)

Pete

21-Jul-18
Dude you need to patent that before someone does

Quite impressive

21-Jul-18
Pete, that is really coming along nice! So you're getting what, 5' - 6' per stepp? 5 stepps get's you hunting 25' - 30' up, that's awesome. I'm guessing going around branches and forks in the tree is easy, just bring another linesman belt or use your tether if you're saddle hunting.

Have you mentioned that on saddlehunter yet? Those guys would go nuts for this!

21-Jul-18
So with 4 stepps you're looking at 5 pounds, +/-?

I'm 1 sticking with a Muddy Pro and a single aider right now and that's running about 5 pounds. Not counting either 4 screw ins or 4 Ameristeps on a strap for my platform. I'm looking forward to Dan Infalt's new stick design, it's going to be pricey but only 3 pounds for a 24" stick.

21-Jul-18
Ya, I had a lengthy thread on SH as I was tweaking the setup. The guys there were the reason I made this vid. Some of the guys were struggling to see how it all worked. I think this one will clear up a bunch of their questions. I am over twenty feet with four Steps. Add the ring of steps and I am probably at 25 feet. Super light and it all fits in my backpack.

22-Jul-18
Peter,

I can't see whats going on with that oft leg. Can you describe whats going on with that gear that appears to be strapped to your right leg. You're using it as a step but can't see where your hooking on with it. What am I missing.

22-Jul-18

peterk1234's Link
BC,

I posted up a link to the thread on saddlehunter.com where I documented the process. The specific link above will take you to a string of pics.

The right leg has a small hook at knee level with a strap that loops around my foot. There is also a strap around my calf to keep the hook in place. The stability of this short aider is amazing. The left leg has a longer aider which uses a carabiner to hook to the Step. Pete

23-Jul-18
Why didn`t I think of that. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

23-Jul-18
Got it, thanks

26-Jul-18
Peter, it looked genius at the saddle get together... and this affirms that fact! Amazing man!

31-Jul-18
Nice job brother. Did you see this yet. Under a hundred views so its new . https://youtu.be/oMTIIYqA4Po

31-Jul-18
SloMo, that is my system. G2 finally tried it and made his own. His vids are better than mine :)

I documented the progression of the system on saddlehunter.com

He was nice enough to reference me in his comments in his vid... I'm Peter :)

02-Aug-18
DA . I`m a little slow to catch on Pete. Your climbing system . My platform hmmmmmm. lots of talent on Bowsite. lol. Nice job Pete.

02-Aug-18
Just saw G2’s video using the swaider and knaider. Looks pretty kool Pete. Yup he mentions you in his video. Wow now I know 2 stars.

02-Aug-18
I was thinking the same thing after watching G2's video as well, you are getting famous Pete! I would also reaffirm the above comment, you really do need to patent this, or at the very least look into it. It's not just applicable to saddle hunting, this is great for any stand guy trying to get higher while carrying in significantly less weight. Your ingenuity is impressive, but more over, your enthusiasm for hunting is infectious. Bravo sir

02-Aug-18
Good to see you getting the recognition you deserve Peter. It was amazing watching you a few months ago at the Saddle gathering. I talked to the Wild Edge guys and if we do another Saddle get together they would be glad to show up and show off some of their stuff.

Again nice job, you make us swamp donkey hunters proud!

• Sitka Gear