LTL JimBow 01-Aug-18
Pasquinell 01-Aug-18
Chief2 01-Aug-18
rallison 02-Aug-18
MrBones 03-Aug-18
grindersonly 04-Aug-18
Reggiezpop 06-Aug-18
21-Jul-18
So what are your goals/standards for as far as what you will shoot this season? My primary goals are getting my daughter and my handicapped buddy on deer. For myself I will shoot any buck on our land that trips my trigger. That won't be a 1.5 year old but any 3.5 year old on up that makes it an exciting hunt will for sure be fair game. I would like to put a couple does in the freezer. But if they are as scarce as last year,I'll pass on does again.

On my public spots it's pretty much the same. There are some spots that are such a hike in that it will take a pretty special buck for me to drop the string.

21-Jul-18
Take my 10 year old daughter squirrel hunting and get her hooked on the outdoors.

21-Jul-18
A few doe to fill the freezer. Most likely won’t shoot a buck unless it’s going on my wall. Unless I’m using my recurve or long bow. Hoping for my first trad deer this year.

22-Jul-18
For the hunters I invite to my property to be successful & shoot a buck they are pleased with, that's my main goal. After that, I'd like to get a deer with traditional tackle, I haven't done that since the early seventies! Then lastly, to take a deer or two for some families at church, they are struggling and could certainly use the venison.

22-Jul-18
My standards are 8pts and outside the ears for a buck and any doe that's not a fawn.

My goals are for my son to kill a buck and a doe and for me to kill a booner and a doe.

22-Jul-18
My goal is to kill a buck that I will mount. In all likelihood, this means I wont shoot any deer this year, and that's OK with me.

22-Jul-18
I don't set goals other then trying to get a lot of days in the stand and keep my streak going , I have shot at least one deer for every year I hunted . Other then the first year it took to figure things out . Didn't get into hunting until I was 38 . Plus if I set a goal not to shoot something up here unless its bigger then the one i shot last year there's a good chance I would never shoot another deer .

22-Jul-18
Any deer that's foolish enough to give me a good shot.

22-Jul-18
Goal is to have fun.

22-Jul-18
My goal is to see deer using our land because of the work I've put into it. Planting trees, plots, hinge cutting, water holes, screens, etc. If I don't shoot a mature buck then it wasn't meant to be. Based off #s possibly take a doe late season.

22-Jul-18
My goal is to give the Purple Heart Veteran that I am taking bear hunting an awesome time. That doesn't mean he will harvest a bear. I have no control over that. I also hope to introduce 10 new hunters through the LTH Program that I am chairman of. IF any of you know someone who isn't from a hunting family that wants to learn how to hunt whitetail deer, let me know. My last goal for the year is to finish building my sturgeon spearing trailer which will also double as a very big portable blind for handicapped hunters.

22-Jul-18
Most important for me is to enjoy a lot of time hunting. I am fortunate enough to have the entire season off from working and I usually take advantage of that. I do not need to kill a deer but I need to spend that time in the field in anticipation of killing one. I always look forward to seeing deer and seeing what deer are using our property. I always want my kids to shoot one but they seem to be as or more picky than myself and that is OK by me.

22-Jul-18
I will be after deer and elk with my selfbow and PO cedars, my 49th year of bow hunting. Goal is to keep racking up the seasons in multiple states, hunting the hard way.

22-Jul-18
Will be very busy mentering 5 grandkids & a lady with her son that want to learn bowhunting .

I may not shoot this year , my standards are high . I don't eat much meat now & last Novembers close call has me looking at life & death in a different way no matter what the animal is .

22-Jul-18
Get my daughter an opportunity and for myself stop shooting 2.5 year old bucks. Seem they look bigger around November 7 and I talk myself into one.

23-Jul-18
To hunt! Getting some meat for the freezer and hoping for a crazy rut and alot of activity. I hunt all public land. My strategy is to go around during the season to find the best activity and old rut sign. I then focus my hunts around those areas. My hope every year is to take a mature buck, but toward the end of my time off in the fall, if a buck comes by my recurve will go to work.

23-Jul-18
"Goals will be teaching and spreading the knowledge..." Teaching yourself?

23-Jul-18
My goal is to smile. Whatever puts a smile on my face at any given moment is what I hunt for.

23-Jul-18
I'll have two weeks in September for Wisconsin. I'll spend October in Iowa. Come November And hopefully a punched tag in Iowa. I will probably be playing guide all the way through the rest of the season in WI. Hopefully hunt with a couple guys on this site. You know who you are.. :)

23-Jul-18
Buckjabber, I bet you are just a ray of sunshine wherever you go.

23-Jul-18
I will continue to avoid arguing with dumb people full of negativity. They have a tendency to draw you in, and will ALWAYS beat you with experience!

23-Jul-18
My goals are pretty simple—hunt as many days as possible with balancing our family life. If things work out we may even get some meat for the freezer.

24-Jul-18
Mike F -

Outstanding!

Thank you for stepping up on the LTH program and giving of yourself and your valuable time to introduce new hunters and a veteran a opportunity!

Truly an outstanding act on your behalf!!

THANK YOU!

24-Jul-18
Same as every year, meat and solitude. No offense, but if I never run into any of you guys in the field it will be ok with me. I like it quiet and to feel like I'm the only one around hunting. That's my goal.

24-Jul-18
My goal for the many years now is to just take a mature buck. To me that is something over 3.5yrs but in my area and on my small parcel that is not easy so I have had plenty years of tag soup. Some of my neighbors do as I do in not shooting small bucks. I have only taken a doe (most recent was 2014) when I felt I had no buck prospects. I try to take a dry doe if I can. Last year my neighbors harvested a big mature doe I was letting pass for the last 4yrs. I was doing that because she kept having twins. I was disappointed to hear she got taken but they are not my deer. Last year I took a nice wide 8 pointer (got him mounted). I still have meat in the freezer so I will be extra picky this year. Right now I am not seeing anything huge but I think there are probably 3 or 4 in the area I just have not seen yet. That is typical till about late Oct/early Nov though. I am kinda at the point if I have meat in the freezer, I am looking for something that is worth hanging on the wall. I hunt with a recurve so you know us trad guys are a bit off anyhow. Ha I hope everyone gets a chance at a good target buck this year!

Bill

01-Aug-18
Take a buck outside the ears and a doe or two (between all seasons). Gives us plenty of meat in the freezer and the chance for future years of nice bucks on the property! (fingers crossed)

01-Aug-18
I would like to put the drop on 1 Jumbo buck , 1 doe , also 2 fawns with spots if possible . So 1 buck fawn and 1 doe fawn 1 adult doe and 1 jumbo buck . I would have them all full mounted to put in my den . No cross bow for these hunts .

01-Aug-18
Jimbo are you going to put oak on the head of the fawns for an end table? Maybe a lamp? You are talking big money.

01-Aug-18
Fill the freezer enjoy the quiet

02-Aug-18
I never set "goals" in hunting. I'll be 66 this fall, recently retired, so hunting time won't be an issue. I hunt with my grown son, so that in itself is gratifying enough. We each hunt with longbows...he on his 3rd year with 2 bucks & a doe with trad to date...and me on my 2nd century :^)

I haven't shot a doe since the CWD debacle in my area, but I might this fall...our numbers are finally building back. As for bucks, if one catches my fancy, perhaps yes...perhaps no. I never know til the moment is at hand.

03-Aug-18
My goal is to get into a stand this season after Rotator Cuff surgery this year. Doc says I should be able to start pulling my bow back in Oct.

04-Aug-18
Help my dad and my girlfriend kill nice bucks and if there is time for me shoot a buck over 4.5 yrs old and a couple big does off one of our farms that has too many does.

06-Aug-18

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
To keep my little guys shooting the longbow!

• Sitka Gear