YoungGun 23-Jul-18
Dakota 29-Jul-18
YoungGun 30-Jul-18
MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 06-Aug-19
Dakota 06-Aug-19
MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 08-Aug-19
22-Jul-18
Hi all!

My father and I are looking to come to the NW part of SD around September 9-17 for a public land archery antelope hunt. We’ll be coming from Cincinnati, OH. I’ve been researching units 15A and 35A based on 2017 statistics. It’s hard enough to scout online so I would appreciate any info on population or areas where to look for them. Also looking for places to camp. Are these dates good for the rut? Or should we go sooner? I’ve looked up the public land areas on the SD website and it seems like big country. I also sent an email to the SD fish and game for info.

I would truly appreciate any feedback!

22-Jul-18
I’m really not much help since I haven’t hunted that area but we are going to hunt 15a for the first time sept 7th to the 15th for deer. I am staying at Wyatt’s hideaway in Belle Fourche. It looks like a decent place. We ended up renting a small cabin for about 60 bucks a night. With the price of gas Pulling the camper wasn’t going to save us much in our situation. Good luck!

23-Jul-18
Thank you!

Good luck this year!

29-Jul-18
The rut varies year to year but you should be in a pretty good time frame to hit it. Population in that area just keeps growing and growing from the bad winter several years ago. You should be good to go. Have fun and good luck.

30-Jul-18
Thanks Dakota!

Just requested my time off.

06-Aug-19
I know this is old but I am a NR from MN. Looking for a speed goat hunt and looking for suggestions of units (not looking for anything more than that I guess).

06-Aug-19
Northwest or Southwest part of the state should get you into what you need.It is all one big unit so get a license and have a blast.

08-Aug-19
Thanks!!

• Sitka Gear