Need help selecting Units! Antelope/Deer
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
codya 25-Jul-18
Treeline 25-Jul-18
codya 25-Jul-18
Ski & Skin 26-Jul-18
25-Jul-18
Was hoping to spend these points with my pop's but I think his desire to be taking photo's has surpassed his desire to be bowhunting so I think its time to burn some points so I can start to build them again with my boys!

I have 21 antelope points, I know Colorado is not known for great antelope but are there any units that I would stand a chance at a 80" buck? I have killed a lot of antelope and never harvested an 80" buck and I know how rare they really are but hope their may be a unit that I would stand a chance that has little hunting pressure. If not what units hold the best or most goats?

Deer, I have 24 deer points. I only archery hunt but I am open to hunting a 3rd or 4th season if that gives me the best chance to harvest a nice buck. This hunt is probably my best chance to kill a giant mule deer so I want to cover all my bases on this one. Any and all advice is appreciated!!!

If anyone can help that would be awesome and if I happen to kill an 80'' antelope or 200" mule deer I will make sure you get a nice canvas of any photo you want from my pops! He doesn't know that but what good are dads if you cant use their talents! LOL

Thanks

25-Jul-18
Dang, Cody!

You have way too many points! There are some options that might work. I will get you some breakdowns and thoughts later today.

Hope your Dad is doing well. It’s been a long time.

25-Jul-18
I agree Tavis!

And he is. He is actually over in your neck of the woods taking photos as we speak

26-Jul-18
Lol!!! 21!!!!

I've seen 80" plusbuck on otc once. That's why I keep going back there. I've seen another that would be close or over on a1-2 point unit.

• Sitka Gear