Dmac 22-Oct-18
Dmac 22-Oct-18
Slate 23-Oct-18
Slate 24-Oct-18
Dmac 24-Oct-18
Dmac 24-Oct-18
Dmac 24-Oct-18
25-Jul-18
I never had the opportunity to follow a buck from year to year and have history. I would love to see others pics with bucks you have history with and story behind it. Trail cam pics, harvest etc

25-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Slate, I have several I’d like to share but unfortunately for this site they are from Texas . But I will share a buck from Kansas on my place last year I named triple brow . Enjoyed hunting this deer and became obsessed with him . Had several encounters and elected to pass on him . He oughta be a stud for sure this year and I can’t wait to see if the wife connects on him .

25-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Another pict of triple brow

25-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Triple brow in Nov.

25-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Dec.

25-Jul-18
Wow he is a beauty. Good luck with him this year hope to see pics of the wife with her hands wrapped around him.

26-Jul-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
JR on the left and Limo on the right
Garrett's embedded Photo
JR on the left and Limo on the right
Great thread... I've had several bucks in the past that have turned into great stories and I have a few young deer right now that I pray make it a few more years...

The best story I have is of a deer I killed a few years ago, Junior...

The deer got his name because he was offspring from another great story buck that I killed in 2011, the Limo Buck.

26-Jul-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
Limo buck
Garrett's embedded Photo
Limo buck
Garrett's embedded Photo
3 year old JR
Garrett's embedded Photo
3 year old JR
Junior was 2 the first year that I got pics of him and even while being young, he stayed in a pretty tight core area. I don't think he ever left a 200 acre area... I had lots of pic as a 2 year old and actually found his sheds that year. I then got pics of him as a 3 year old in velvet.

26-Jul-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
5 year old JR
Garrett's embedded Photo
5 year old JR
I ended up seeing JR as a 3 year old a dozen times or so and really didn't pay him any attention... I didn't get any pics of him in velvet as a 4 year which almost got me in trouble! I rattled him in on Nov 7th that year and actually shot at him not know what deer he was until I got pics of him in late season. That is when I really starting noticing him as a real target for the next season. And little did I know what I was in for!

JR blew up as a 5 year old.

26-Jul-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
Entry wound from my shot shown on trail cam pic
Garrett's embedded Photo
Entry wound from my shot shown on trail cam pic
I ended up never seeing JR as a 5 year old and actually got very few photos of him. But he showed back up late season and I knew that he would be around the following year. So I decided that I would hunt him exclusively as a 6 year old.

I got my first pics of him in the same place I always had around the end of Oct. I waited for the right wind and went in and hung a stand to hunt the early rut on the Oak flat that I thought he would be working... Funny thing is that my set up was 70 yards from where I had killed his dad, the Limo buck.

The evening of Nov 7th JR came through and I grunted him in to 24 yards, drew back, let it fly and couldn't believe it... I blew it! I shot him square in the shoulder. Gave him plenty of time and brought in a few buddies to track him 5-6 hrs later. Blood was terrible and we backed out.... I spent the next 4 days looking for him with no luck.

I knew where he liked to bed so sometime around the 12th of Nov on a crazy windy day I put the wind in my face and more or less crawled through the area that I thought he would be. And sure enough, I ended up sneaking withing 20 yards of him as he was bedded up under some dead fall. I didn't have my bow and he busted out of there. But at that point, I knew he was alive. So i set up multiple cameras around his core area and waited to see if he would come back home. Within 10 days I got my first photos of him.

26-Jul-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
exit wound on trail cam
Garrett's embedded Photo
exit wound on trail cam
He had lost a ton of weight and I was shocked that he was still alive after the shot. So i started putting out feed to see if I could get him on some sort of pattern and get another opportunity.

That opportunity presented itself the evening of Dec 12th. My dad and I snuck into the stand for our evening sit and right at last light Junior came in with a group of spikes. It happened fast and it was to dark for the camera but I ended up shooting him at 20 yards with my dad sitting right beside me. I couldn't have asked for a better ending with this buck. After a few calls to my buddies that had helped keep me in good spirits for the past month we were able to recover him. The feeling was unreal. Largest buck of my life and I shot him twice in the same season...

26-Jul-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo

26-Jul-18
We green scored Junior at 189 2/8 as a non typical. He ended up officially scoring 184 5/8 at the monster buck classic the following year.

26-Jul-18
That’s way to cool Garrett, A stud for sure I would welcome you and slate to hunt with me anytime . No doubt you deserved him .

26-Jul-18
Great story and buck Garrett!

26-Jul-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
We have quite a bit of history with a number of bucks, but none that have ended with an arrow as of yet. The bucks we’ve shot over the years have all been newcomers to us. Granted, we have only consistently been on the same hunting properties since around 2010. And that’s only a small number of farms. This is one buck I’ve been after for 3 years now, I got a shot at him 12/17/16. I hit him high. We’ve since dubbed him Survivor; I know, real original. Here he is 4 days after I shot him, ignore the year.

26-Jul-18
You too KSQ!

26-Jul-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
Here he is last year, I never saw him last year from the blind. He always disappears late winter and shows back up around the 10th of October. The first year he showed up, he apparently ran off another buck we’d been chasing the previous two years. After literally hundreds of pictures, that buck disappeared for good and was shot last year by a hunter 3.5 miles south!

26-Jul-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
I don’t have a lot of pics but my dad has been chasing a monster 6 for theee years now. Last year he grew a g3 on one side and my dad was very disappointed. :)

26-Jul-18
Thanks Dmac! Hope your wife gets a crack at triple brow!

26-Jul-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
I do guess I have another story, it’s not a happy ending though. It’s about a buck we named browser. He showed up summer of 2014 and I have no idea where he came from. This is one of the pics from later that summer.

26-Jul-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
Veterans days of 2014 I got a shot at him in one of our bigger plots. I snort wheezed him in and he came in too fast for a walking shot at 25 yards. So I mouth bleated to stop him and when I shot he ducked and I hit him high in the shoulder. About a month later he was shot during gun season by a neighbor. He was skin and bones and had fallen down before they shot him and he could t get back up. He was in such bad shape they just cut the head off tagged the rack. Here I am holding the rack a couple days later, I was trying to smile but I felt sick. Not only for blowing it, but that the old buck had suffered so much. They never scored the rack, but I’m pretty sure it would be close to netting Boone. One of the biggest deer I’ve ever had in bow range. That’s the occasion that convinced me to shoot very heavy arrows to quiet my shot.

26-Jul-18
Wow !

26-Jul-18
Wow !

26-Jul-18
Great stories and awesome hunts From all you guys. I can feel the emotion reading this stuff. Dmac that’s a nice compliment thank you.

27-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Ok here’s two stories for all to enjoy . Working out of state and with limited hunting time Has its consequences. But being the Ultimate Guide and Father that I am I put my son and his buddy on two very nice bucks . Countless Picts and what to do situations resulted in the harvest of both these bucks . Although they aren’t Kansas deer I thought I would share anyway . Any deer with a bow is a trophy . And I congratulate these young men on a job well done . Did I mention the Ultimate Guide part ? Lol

27-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Blake’s deer

27-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
My son derek’s

27-Jul-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Derek’s

27-Jul-18
These were East Texas bowkills where brown is Down syndrome is slowly going away . People are beginning to see the results if you let them walk .

27-Jul-18
Great bucks Dmac! We drove through east Texas the beginning of summer and the whole time I was thinking, why do people leave here to come to Kansas to hunt? There was all kinds of habitat and quite a bit of ag ground to boot. I was thinking I was glad we weren’t driving at night!

27-Jul-18
Thanks , the main problem we have is hogs and it is a constant battle . Pineywoods and thickets you can’t see your hand with arm extended doesn’t help . Totally different than hunting Kansas . I would take 3 days in Kansas over 3 months back home anytime .

27-Jul-18
Yeah, I’m dreading the day the swine show up; some say it’s inevitable. I hope they’re wrong!

27-Jul-18
They will come and everyone of them needs to killed . You can’t trap, kill, or poison them fast enough

28-Jul-18
Beautiful bucks Dmac congrats to the boys.

29-Jul-18
ksq232 dam that does suck. If you hunt long enough these heartaches happen. I guess that’s why we love bow hunting so much. The challenge.

30-Jul-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Found him during my son's youth hunt in September. Found him again in November

30-Jul-18
Date isn't right on trail cam though.

30-Jul-18
Nice animal Matte

22-Oct-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Just thought I would share , buck was killed in Missouri on my friends farm yesterday . Don’t know a lot of details but he missed an opportunity last year and then this year he got Picts . Nephew and brother in law have been hunting him while the owner is off working and OWNS the farm ! Geez True monster for sure . I hunted the farm 3 years ago and it’s an awesome place .

22-Oct-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
I know it’s not Kansas but thought I would share .

22-Oct-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo

22-Oct-18
Great buck. Good grief, they’re destroying the cape!!

22-Oct-18
No lie , not sure what the deal is . Looks like a winch cable from an ATV ?

22-Oct-18
No lie , not sure what the deal is . Looks like a winch cable from an ATV ?

23-Oct-18
Dam Darin that’s a beauty. You need to hunt there some more

24-Oct-18
When I posted this I meant a buck as in another man. My experience has always been hit it and quit it. Man would I love to follow a young buck around for many years.

24-Oct-18
Interesting thought , when I talk big bucks to someone that might not understand or grasp the difference between a deer with horns ( which actually are antlers ) and a mature buck . I sum it up this way. Avg. bucks killed are 1 1/2 years old . That’s equivalent to a teenage boy 15-18 years old . They ramble on and on always lookin for some action or stirring up trouble. Will drive miles and miles searching . Same as a 2 1/2 year old but not as much cause he is about 19-23. Still out chasing a little and always ready to feel a little froggy . But he knows his place . 3 1/2 yr old starting to mature a little 24-29 yr old now . Conditions right he might be hard to handle , got a few local girls but always looking to one up someone . 4 1/2 this dude is pretty smart 30-35. Had his butt whooped a time or too and knows when and where to get the ladies but still can be cocky . 5 1/2 now this dude 35-40 is in his prime , he is chiseled and sharp , don’t take any crap and knows his home and will defend it , doesn’t travel very far cause the gals come to him mostly . Every now and then he may have to tune a youngster up to let him know who is boss . 6 1/2 different breed altogether , he is 42-50 and seen it all and been there and done that . You won’t catch him talking to some gal on the side , going over to Mr. GIlmores property to start something , just like he won’t be hanging out at bars at closing time ! He laid back , done is battles and had plenty of ladies . Body is worn ,potbellied and has stories to tell . Most of the time by now he got mass and some trash but he is the King regardless ! Hope you all enjoyed

24-Oct-18
Interesting thought , when I talk big bucks to someone that might not understand or grasp the difference between a deer with horns ( which actually are antlers ) and a mature buck . I sum it up this way. Avg. bucks killed are 1 1/2 years old . That’s equivalent to a teenage boy 15-18 years old . They ramble on and on always lookin for some action or stirring up trouble. Will drive miles and miles searching . Same as a 2 1/2 year old but not as much cause he is about 19-23. Still out chasing a little and always ready to feel a little froggy . But he knows his place . 3 1/2 yr old starting to mature a little 24-29 yr old now . Conditions right he might be hard to handle , got a few local girls but always looking to one up someone . 4 1/2 this dude is pretty smart 30-35. Had his butt whooped a time or too and knows when and where to get the ladies but still can be cocky . 5 1/2 now this dude 35-40 is in his prime , he is chiseled and sharp , don’t take any crap and knows his home and will defend it , doesn’t travel very far cause the gals come to him mostly . Every now and then he may have to tune a youngster up to let him know who is boss . 6 1/2 different breed altogether , he is 42-50 and seen it all and been there and done that . You won’t catch him talking to some gal on the side , going over to Mr. GIlmores property to start something , just like he won’t be hanging out at bars at closing time ! He laid back , done is battles and had plenty of ladies . Body is worn ,potbellied and has stories to tell . Most of the time by now he got mass and some trash but he is the King regardless ! Hope you all enjoyed

24-Oct-18
Lol

• Sitka Gear