SoDakSooner 31-Jul-18
swampokie 31-Jul-18
swampokie 31-Jul-18
swampokie 31-Jul-18
swampokie 31-Jul-18
swampokie 31-Jul-18
Quailhunter 01-Aug-18
29-Jul-18
I drew out for hominy the 2nd week of Novemeber and have never hunted the ammo plant before. Anyone care to give me any pointers on what areas tk look in. PM me if you don't want to give out locations publicly. Thanks in advance for any information. I am hoping we catch some good rutting activity during the hunt. Should be about the right time for it.

31-Jul-18
I, too am drawn to hunt hominy on that weekend as a single hunter. While knowing where a particular funnel consistently has deer traffic may be of some use, it might be more important to think about this hunt as presenting different challenges than you normally see. There are a lot of hunters out there and the deer have seen them everywhere they go for weeks. So some popularly known spot might be the last place you want to go, because even if deer are moving though there you might hear a bow go off and see the deer run off about 100 yards up the trail from you. The best way to hunt there is to wait until you see what's going on and adapt to it. This is just my opinion from having hunted it three times over the last 20 years. It's a fun hunt and great opportunity. Just be mentally prepared to have a different experience and embrace the additional factors.

31-Jul-18
We have done precisely that OneEye. See where everyone is pinning out and go somewhere else. We are ahead of the curve on success rate so I guess it works.

31-Jul-18
Congrats of the best hunt at mcaap!! Don't overstrategize just hunt. The bucks will find you on this weekend. Keeping composure and picking a spot on the right deer will be the hard part. There will most likely be no set pattern just snot blowin free for all. Good luck with great draw

31-Jul-18
Congrats of the best hunt at mcaap!! Don't overstrategize just hunt. The bucks will find you on this weekend. Keeping composure and picking a spot on the right deer will be the hard part. There will most likely be no set pattern just snot blowin free for all. Good luck with great draw

31-Jul-18

31-Jul-18

31-Jul-18
I guess 3 posts better than one! dang

01-Aug-18
Kind of hard to plan this hunt ahead of time. There will be a lot of people and you don’t know where they’ll put pins on a map. Since there isn’t a bad spot on the place, don’t sweat it. Never a bad idea to have a few places in mind but don’t get your heart set on a certain location. I’ve hunted Hominy three or four times. It’s good. That is the best weekend of the year.

• Sitka Gear