GED 08-Sep-18
Fuzz 22-Aug-19
SloMo 24-Aug-19
30-Jul-18

SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
Wheelchair footrest rated at 300 lbs . High tensile 5/16 bolt , some parts from a muddy tree stand conversion and some plastidip and a bog game hunting seat that attaches to a tree . Ive been jumping on it all day . Rock solid and DIY . What do you think .

30-Jul-18
Okay, that is freakin' slick!

30-Jul-18
American ingenuity. Love it. Only thing I'd do is paint it brown, black sticks out.

30-Jul-18
Nice work!

30-Jul-18
That looks solid. Did you lean way out and see if it wobbles? Looks like it won't. Nice!

31-Jul-18
The camo is just what I had laying around. It`s rock solid and stable . Folds to pack in with my steps. I get the biggest kick McGivering things in my garage. This saved me about 130.00 over the alternative at As for wiggling . I spent a good part of the day on this thing. It has cleats on top and at the base so once its set it won`t move at all. It`s all alloy so I`m guessing the whole thing including the ratchet strap only weighs a pound or so. Thanks for your comments guyz.

31-Jul-18
Wheres the guy whose wheelchair you stole it from?

03-Sep-18

Eastie778's embedded Photo
Eastie778's embedded Photo
SloMo's thread encouraged me to give this idea a try. I've heard of guys doing similar stuff and had an old fixed stand lying around that had outlived its usefulness. Took the seat off, used some clamps to fix it to my top step, gorilla tape for camo and comfort, and seemed to work out pretty well. It held me nicely on the first couple of trial runs, hoping it works out as well in October. Really excited to put this saddle hunting thing into action!

04-Sep-18
SloMo, I have been watching this thread on SH. Very slick! Pete

04-Sep-18
Line Wolf Assassin is your safest, quietest and therefor best option. Don’t risk your life on a homemade contraption.

04-Sep-18
I have hunted a saddle for about a decade. When you rotate around the tree you will apply pressure to the side to the platform. Tree seats are a deadly option (like you may die)

The LW assassin is by far the safest option for a platform. You “cam lock” the bottom of the platform.

04-Sep-18
I believe SloMo's cams over because the rope wrapping the tree is fastened to the platform. His setup is the real deal.

04-Sep-18
My advice:

Place it low to the ground and test it at extreme saddle angles.

04-Sep-18
both stands look great guys. i love D.I.Y products. never tried tree saddle, maybe some day, Good Luck

04-Sep-18
Nice Handle DP

LOL

04-Sep-18
I think without DIY products, we wouldn't be saddle hunting to begin with! Lol. I appreciate the concern GED, and all the advice, I wouldn't be trying this without you guys, but I feel pretty comfortable with it. I'll definitely keep practicing no more than a few feet from the ground.

04-Sep-18
Haha deer piss

04-Sep-18
You guys are all nuts! There are no deer in New England!

05-Sep-18
lol . Thanks for all the comments everyone. I am doing an XOP build right now so stay tuned. XOP seat, versa button, 1.5 x 1/8 aluminum tube and I have been experimenting with a muddy upper cleat and a DIY cleat made from 1/8' 90 degree angle stock . I intend to use this platform solo for short hunts . Its a bit bigger than my scooter platform which by the way has no issues that I know of yet. Keep the comments coming and watch for a new video on my XOP build .

05-Sep-18
I tried the modified Lone Wolf tree seat and it kick out under side pressure.

06-Sep-18

SloMo's embedded Photo
First pictures of slomo's XOP PLATFORM
SloMo's embedded Photo
First pictures of slomo's XOP PLATFORM
SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
Check this out . My Xop build is done . I centered the versa button and it won't budge at all . Both cleats had equal pressure now . I'll explane more later about the bottom cleat. Thats the key

06-Sep-18
SloMo, that looks awesome! I look forward to hearing about your experiences using a platform. I am using ring of steps (my brackets on permanent trees and the WE Steps for my run and gun). I have been watching the posts about platforms with interest. I have great mobility with the ring, but I will want to compare stories with you about comfort throughout the season. Pete

07-Sep-18
SloMo, I tried the lone wolf tree seat (which is the same thing XOP copied) and almost died. It will kick out with side pressure.

08-Sep-18
I had the same issues with mine initially. I almost have it lined out now. I think moving things around and a different cleat style has improved it 98%. Here's a vid and if you look closely I changed things from the OG platform pictured above. https://youtu.be/Zp7isDj1RVQ

08-Sep-18

SloMo's Link

08-Sep-18

SloMo's Link

08-Sep-18
Saw the video - I push on the side of my stand, not the top of the surface if that makes sense. I hunt with the tree between myself and where I expect the deer to come from.

The saddle give you so many possibilities, and I don’t want the stand to limit me.

I have found three limbs to be even better than a platform.

22-Aug-19
Good ideas guys!

24-Aug-19
I have been using ratchet straps exclusively with all my platforms . This completely eliminated side shift even at very extreme angles. I`m a leaner for 98% of the time . I use everything around me and usually set up in a tree that gives me some options for footing besides the platform . When I do this I use the smaller platform. If its a bare straight type of tree I use my LW/XOP stand which is bigger and still allows me weak side strong side and drop shots using only the platform as footing. I just set up higher . I guess it comes down to personal preference. Don`t be afraid to try a ratchet setup. They can be deadly effective at extreme angles .

• Sitka Gear