@BWAArchery 20-Aug-18
cedahm 20-Aug-18
monkeybutt 20-Aug-18
@BWAArchery 22-Aug-18
30-Jul-18

@BWAArchery's embedded Photo

@BWAArchery's Link
Hello! Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new, year-round 3D Archery Range and regular range that just opened in Highlands Ranch! The Backcountry Wilderness Area is a 13-square-mile wildlife habitat conservation property that extends from the southern edges of Highlands Ranch down to near Castle Rock. The new public archery ranges are located in the Backcountry Outdoor Center (6005 Ron King Trail, Littleton, 80125). The 3D Range is 1.5-mile trail that connects 28 standalone targets ranging from elk, moose, sheep, and more. The regular range is located just steps away from the beginning of the 3D Range trail. Day passes and season passes are available! Head to www.hrcaonline.org/backcountryarchery for all of the details or email [email protected].

30-Jul-18

30-Jul-18

30-Jul-18

30-Jul-18
Nice! Whats the difference from a Member and Program Guest?

30-Jul-18
Members are residents of Highlands Ranch. Everyone else is a program guest.

30-Jul-18
Would be fun for a change, but the day pass is a bit steep.

30-Jul-18
We'd love for you to come test it out! We have a freebie access day to our regular range on August 18 from 10-Noon and September 8 from 10-Noon. Try the regular range and then see if you think the 3D Range looks worth the day pass. We think you'll love it :)

30-Jul-18
I appreciate the offer. I'd be in for sure if I lived in HR, but being in Roxborough I'll stick GHCA & ABC. It would be great to have a closer option for a quick fix, but I would expect something more like $5 for a day pass (a typical rate for most ranges to drop-in (albeit with a guest)).

31-Jul-18
How much is it for a day pass? Season?

31-Jul-18
Looks like $20 for the day and $130 for the year. GHCA is $10 for the day pass last I checked

31-Jul-18
Keith, you may well be correct on the $10 @ GHCA. I've always had a membership and frankly haven't double checked, so the $5 was off the top of my head. My point remains that IMHO - $20 for a day pass is steep. Assuming membership availability, on can join ranges like GHCA, ABC or by a pass for Bear Lake without having to live/pay dues to HRCA. If you don't fall under HRCA, you can only go the day pass route is the way I understand it.

01-Aug-18
Im going to stop in this weekend and shoot the course. Looks like fun!

01-Aug-18

Here are the fees for both day/season passes. ANYONE can buy a day/season pass. Highlands Ranch residents are able to purchase at a discounted rate as we are run by the Highlands Ranch Community Association. We're also going to have a freebie day on the regular range on August 18 from 10-Noon. Come check out the area and you can always buy a day pass to the 3D Range if you want to try it out!

01-Aug-18
Thanks for the clarification!

01-Aug-18
I'm not in Highlands Ranch, but this is close to my house so I'll be trying it out.

06-Aug-18
Shot the course yesterday and had a great time. Nice layout and some long shots (be sighted to 90 yards unless you shoot the close stakes). Had trouble paying over the phone and had to pay last night on the computer when we got back home. They should do a drop box for cash similar to American Bowmen.

08-Aug-18
Thanks for the feedback, CCovey! Hope to see you back out there soon!

08-Aug-18
I shot there yesterday (only the 3D course) and really enjoyed it, especially the long shots. I liked being able to shoot some angled (both up and down) shots, and I thought the layout and variety was great. At first the $20 daily fee seemed a little high, but the fact that it's open to the public is definitely a big advantage. I'm not a member of GHCA (I think they have a long waiting list?) or American Bowmen, so to have a drop-in option like this was really nice. I will stop in again when I'm in the area.

09-Aug-18
Glad you liked it, AndySchaef!

10-Aug-18
I have shot the 3D course once and the target range another time. It really is a great range. Living where I do, It will be a struggle for me to decide if I should rejoin GHCA or HR. This range is very close to my house, but I have a lot of friends at Golden.

11-Aug-18
I tried to buy a day pass last weekend, and it would not work. Ended up at the Columbine Range near Sedalia.....

Update: The website didn't like my browser. It worked with Explorer. I shot it today. Nice range, shots out to 83 or 86 yards, but boy was it hot this afternoon. It's very well laid out, and well worth doing.

13-Aug-18
Thanks for coming out, Colo 3-D and bad karma!

15-Aug-18
Hit the range this morning, really nice course and seems fairly priced to me. Targets are obviously in excellent condition since they are new. No issues paying online. Hope to make it back out once or twice before the season.

15-Aug-18
BWA, if I purchase an annual membership, is it prorated, or would it got August to August if I bought one this week? And if I purchase a 3-d membership, do I have to pay a fee to shoot the other range or ??? Thank you.

20-Aug-18
Thanks, Riplip!

20-Aug-18
Bad Karma...The season passes are valid through May 31. If you purchase a 3D membership, you have access to all of our ranges.

20-Aug-18
FWIW - I shot the range a few weeks ago. I loved it. I'm just outside of HR, but it's very close, a great course/range and exactly the ticket for what I need for practice. I will likely buy a season pass.

However - on the Technical side - I wanted to go on Friday - and attempted on 3 devices and 4 different browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox) to purchase a day pass and was unsuccessful on all of them. It would add items to my cart, but the total cost would be $0 at the end, and there was never a 'purchase' button.

Further - even though my saved credit card is an Amex, it wouldn't allow it (and I was unable to retype it since the security code field didn't allow for 4 characters which is Amex standard).

So - I give the range an 'A' and the Ecommerce tech a 'D' at this point :)

20-Aug-18
CEDAHM,

I had the same issue yesterday AM. I drove over to Southbridge Rec Center and they took care of it. I mentioned the online issues and was told they have been getting numerous calls since Friday of others having the same problems. Just bought a family pass and done!

22-Aug-18
Thanks for the feedback, cedahm and monkeybutt. We're working with our online tech staff to make this an easier process! Thanks for being patient with our new system.

• Sitka Gear