goat tag in pioneers
Montana
Contributors to this thread:
MCBIGBUCK 30-Jul-18
MCBIGBUCK 30-Jul-18
SmokedTrout 31-Jul-18
houndy65 02-Aug-18
30-Jul-18
I drew a goat tag for 312-20 in the pioneer mountains and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some advice on where to go. I've been scouting them and would appreciate any help from anyone, I'm 59 and it's my only and last chance to get a goat, thanks

30-Jul-18
I drew a goat tag for 312-20 in the pioneer mountains and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some advice on where to go. I've been scouting them and would appreciate any help from anyone, I'm 59 and it's my only and last chance to get a goat, thanks

31-Jul-18
Dang, I'm jealous, congrats on the tag. I used to know the west face of the East Pioneers very well. Sometimes goats in Sawtooth basin, but frankly I saw more just south of there in White Cr up on Highboy, by Polaris lake, all the way to Baldy. Access is tough, pretty long hikes. Might be easier coming from the Dillon side up Birch Cr, but I've never driven up there all my work was on the west face.

Used to be able to drive pretty high on Comet, not sure if that road is still open.

Where you been scouting?

02-Aug-18
Call the local Biologist from FWP.

• Sitka Gear