Quinn @work 07-Aug-18
Cheesehead Mike 07-Aug-18
mitchelk 07-Aug-18
COHOYTHUNTER 07-Aug-18
30-Jul-18

cnelk's Link
Good luck if you're looking for something

30-Jul-18
Lets all include IPAWS in our prayers as 700,000 plus log in at 9am on Tuesday the 7th.

Who is going to a license vendor to wait in line behind the guy who wants to buy 5 different doe tags for separate family members with unique CID numbers and unique hunt codes?

30-Jul-18
There are tags available in the draw unit I got my bull in last year and I would love to get one for my son so he could hunt with me this year.

However, I will just hope he draws it next year with his preference point. I will just call and be his pack mule. :)

30-Jul-18
There must be some re-issues on there already some pretty good elk and deer tags on the list

30-Jul-18
I'll be in line while workin my phone. Gonna be a genuine chitshow I'm sure, instantaneous crash! Book it!

30-Jul-18
The list is HUGE compared to the leftover draw list. Had to be a massive no pay and turn in going on. Sorta explains why it took so long to get the list out. Wonder if there will be additions tween now and the 7th?

I see a few that are of interest. Gonna be interesting at 9 AM the 7th.

30-Jul-18
It seems to me the tags that weren't paid for during the first draw have been added to this list. I wouldn't be surprised if they add the unpaid tags from the leftover draw to the list prior to the 7th, as the pay by date is the1st

30-Jul-18
Some no pays for sure but looks like some turned tags made this first list. I see some elk tags on there that take more than 5 resident points

30-Jul-18
I see deer tags that I applied for in the leftover draw but didn't get. Have to be no pays or turn ins.

30-Jul-18
Do they not have the non resident leftover license application for mail in available anymore? Cant find it on website

30-Jul-18
Interesting. My son and a buddy didn't draw the elk tag in our unit and there are over 30 available.

30-Jul-18
Not sure of the turn-around time, but my son mailed his returned pronghorn tag in on Friday. Im sure its not on the list yet

30-Jul-18
That is a great list. Lots of excellent choices. Wonder why I didn't draw anything?

30-Jul-18
How much do I hate myself to go stand in line? I wanna but I have flashbacks to my wife making me go with her for Black Friday on Thursday evening......now that was ugly.

30-Jul-18
What does "Float" mean in the quota?

30-Jul-18
Orion I thought if it took more than 5 preference points they offered it to the next five people in line?

30-Jul-18
If they get rejected they go on the list. There was a 20 point tag on the list last year

31-Jul-18
Lets all hire a plane to pull a banner to make sure EVERYONE knows this is a good list come one come all..;-)

31-Jul-18
it quit being a secret a couple years ago

31-Jul-18
Pretty sure my tag I turned in on the 18th is the list.

31-Jul-18
Orion I know I know.... but every year it get more and more hype its a simple numbers game..more people dogging it the numbers and chances crater..

What does "Float" mean???

31-Jul-18
Float just means they float the set number of tags for the seasons. Say unit x has 100 tags for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. That number is distributed by applicants per year. So one year it could have 60, 20, 20 or the following year it could be 20, 50, 30 depending on how people apply.

31-Jul-18
Okay but how does that affect specifically the numbers of tags available as a left over???

Thanks

31-Jul-18
if it says 5 are left for 2nd season and then float for 3rd or 4th. those 5 can go to any season just depends on what season the 5 people want.

31-Jul-18

31-Jul-18
Interesting list. Lots of unpaid, maybe some turnins. I see a lot of great opportunities. Unfortunately we all have to deal with "the system ". Good luck to all on opening morning of leftover season.

31-Jul-18
system crashed last year in first 10 minutes..

31-Jul-18
Very Green Question here

Is the leftover list only for those that applied earlier? I'm trying to get this system figured out, it will be my first time purchasing a tag. I figured I would just go OTC, but would put in for a leftover if I could. Or am I completely mixed up on all of this? Thanks for the help!

31-Jul-18
@Sniff

The FIRST leftover draw already took place. You had to select that when you applied. This is the 'leftover leftover'

31-Jul-18
Leftover sale, not a draw, first come, first served. The black Friday of hunting tags!

31-Jul-18
Phone, web, and if I could be there in person I would.

02-Aug-18
I'll be hitting the send button early and often... One of the benefits of being home officed.

02-Aug-18
Do you think we'll be able to enter Hunt codes prior to 9 a.m.? Not submit, but have them entered and ready to submit.

02-Aug-18
No.

02-Aug-18
If you get an archery tag, will the tag come on time for archery season. That's my main concern.

03-Aug-18
I wondered that myself Colorado Outdoors. Local CPW office told me there would be an option at checkout if the tag is to be mailed or picked up.

03-Aug-18
Can a leftover be purchased online for another person or only purchase for yourself? I you can purchase for someone else what info will I need?

03-Aug-18
Swamp pokie

You will have to log in using the other person’s id

03-Aug-18
can you buy 2 tags? one elk and one deer? how hard/time consuming is it to get them together? The tags I'm looking at have 4 available for one and 1 for the other.

03-Aug-18
I am pretty sure you can, just add one to the cart and then the other and check out. I hope the 1 you are talking about is not for deer right?

03-Aug-18
JDMWP.. I got two last year, but it was in person.. not sure how it would work out online

03-Aug-18
Sorry if I am asking a question that's already been answered. But I have never bought an antelope point or never applied for antelope. I kind of got to thinking it would be fun to try an an antelope hunt. So today I was talking to a guy I buy cattle from. I asked him if there were any antelope around. He said he has 2000 acres of farmland and 10,000 acres of native pasture. He said to come on out and hunt whenever I want, he doesn't hunt. He said it's not over run with them, but they are around. I looked on the leftover list. There are 17 tags available. So my question is, can I just go on there and buy it.

03-Aug-18
Yes

03-Aug-18
Yes, Tuesday at 9:00 AM. Do it right at 9:00 to have a good chance as they may disappear in the first few minutes.

03-Aug-18
You can buy multiple tags but only one A tag and I think only one B tag.....and a C tag. For elk. You can buy tags for any species, mix and match. :)

06-Aug-18

Fauntleroy's Link
If your plan is to purchase a tag online rather than in person or via the phone, DO NOT go past the point in the system where you enter your age and residency status before 9 AM. The officials at the CPW have made it very clear that if you're past that point before 9 AM you will not get whatever hunt codes that you enter into your cart. Look into the link I've copied to review everything. Good luck!

06-Aug-18
SSSHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh........LOL dammit

06-Aug-18
"SSSHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh........LOL dammit"

Don't worry, no one ever reads anymore...

06-Aug-18
What is the over/under on when the system crashes? over under 10 minutes like last year as posted above? Since they are allowing everything on the same day instead of at agencies only day 1, I can imagine the load will be quite large tomorrow morning.

06-Aug-18
Dumb question: I assume 9:00 Mt time?

06-Aug-18
Yes

06-Aug-18
I got 9:02

06-Aug-18
I've got a buddy who wants to grab a tag tomorrow but I have a question about applying for multiple hunt codes at once. If he put unit A,B and C as 1st,2nd and 3rd choices, is the system going to go down the list and just award him the tag (if any) that is available? The example online doesn't mention anything about applying for multiple hunt codes of the same species at once that I saw.

06-Aug-18
I sure am glad I wont be part of the fiasco in the morning.

I wish everyone the best of luck! ha ha!

NO way will the server last even 10 mins... I bet 4mins tops

06-Aug-18
I hope it lasts at least 4 mins.......CPW assures me the vendor has been testing the crap out of it all week to be prepared for the volume. We shall see............hopefully they were wise enough to put performance requirements tied to paying for the service into the contract.....or they need better attorneys. LOL

06-Aug-18
One thing that has me hopeful is that the system last year being used by license agents was on dial- up!! This year it's dependent on your own ISP... and, of course, the capacity of the servers.

When we hit it tomorrow it's going to be the equivalent of a denial of service attack.

06-Aug-18
I think the system will crash within 1 minute. Best be quick.

07-Aug-18
I dont care how much they test it, I doubt they can duplicat 300k hits at exactly the same time from all over the country. I predict epic fail once again.

07-Aug-18
did anyone else get in on the accidental early sales for a few minutes after 9 tonight? Snagged my mulie tag that takes 4 points normally. then it shut down and could not see the “purchase” button anymore. so happy.

07-Aug-18
Lol

07-Aug-18
4 minutes? I can do a lot in 4 minutes!

07-Aug-18
My guess is if you're not in the first wave you just might be hosed. Good luck!

07-Aug-18
I got lucky! It will throw a kink in my MT plans but...

07-Aug-18
Can't get in. Did what they said, log in less than 10 min before, then they appear to buy at 9. Just spinning since 9. POS!

07-Aug-18
LOL, immediate crash at 9:00:01

07-Aug-18
Wow.....

07-Aug-18
Expectations met

07-Aug-18
Lol.. already crashed.. what a sh*t show

07-Aug-18
This is awesome, phones are busy...21 calls in right now

07-Aug-18
What a joke. Filled out my tag selection, hit "add to cart." Wheel spun for 4 minutes and kicked me back to main page. Yikes!

07-Aug-18
it's just like making a phone call during an emergency, there are only so many pipes into the tank.

07-Aug-18
Blown out. What a F-N JOKE!

How much money and time is wasted in this idiocy?

The best way to fix this is to reissue any returned tags down the list of applicants in order and do away with this stupidity!

07-Aug-18
Treeline - They can't reissue all tags turned in, would be a complete waste of staff time chasing applicants down for all the tags 4 points or less. Something needs to change though, this is dumb.

07-Aug-18
Duplicate Post

07-Aug-18
Maybe the CPW should take some of the millions of $$$ they just made on tag and application fees and update their systems..

07-Aug-18
Got my archery elk tag sitting in the cart and the wheel has been spinning on proceed to checkout for 10+ minutes.

Not going to be happy if this falls-through, as I got the tag right now.

07-Aug-18
Well I'll be damned. After 27 minutes of battling the wheel of death, getting booted, and keeping my computer screen out of my coworkers' line of view - I got to the "Order Complete" page. My hunting season just got a little longer!

07-Aug-18
Dammit, finally got through the payment screen and of course, "Order cart could not be processed (No quota available for any hunt choice)" appears......

07-Aug-18
Score!!! Just picked up a muzzleloader tag for the unit my dad will be muley hunting in. And kept my 10 points. I never thought I'd get to muzzleloader hunt until I burned all of my points, woohoo!

07-Aug-18
Cohoyt, Paul was saying that they lost money for the application fees.

Not sure how they set up contracts, but they definitely screw themselves a lot.

Glad they are doing it with someone else’s money!

Oh, wait, that’s our money! Doh! Head slap!

07-Aug-18
I got my tag! There was only a handful. Cant believe it! I got stuck for a little while on the shipping/pickup question. Kept kicking me back but finally went through

07-Aug-18
I hate every single one of you. No really. (butt hurt)

07-Aug-18
"Well I'll be damned. After 27 minutes of battling the wheel of death, getting booted, and keeping my computer screen out of my coworkers' line of view - I got to the "Order Complete" page. My hunting season just got a little longer! "

Enjoy the Doe hunt. LOL

07-Aug-18
I'll enjoy a doe hunt far more than sitting at home in October. I guess you're hunting primo units this year! ;-)

07-Aug-18
Got my deer tag (that takes 5 years to draw) with only 1 available on the Leftover List! Took 27 minutes of spinning wheels but it worked.

Had 2 computers running and one of them crashed almost immediately but one of them kept moving along slowly, but surely. Feel fortunate to be one of the lucky ones.

07-Aug-18
It was slow at times and I got through but the quota for my 2 choices was already gone.

No worries though... I already have a Wyoming tag in my pocket :^)

07-Aug-18
Fuck Colorado game and fish

07-Aug-18
Treeline, if that's true and they lost money.. They really need to re-think what they are doing over there.. I thought the whole reason for the $3 fee and not paying up front was to save on the cost of refunds, etc.. if they lost money, maybe they should think about hiring a CPA someone with some common economical sense.. If they put all of us through that fiasco with the new draw process and lost money.. that is just f-ing ridiculous.

• Sitka Gear