Donnybowhunter 01-Aug-18
Surfbow 01-Aug-18
zimmy 01-Aug-18
tramper 01-Aug-18
Surfbow 02-Aug-18
Z Barebow 05-Aug-18
31-Jul-18
Hi guys,

I burned my points so I'm heading down next weekend to scout for a few days and I have a few questions. I'm mostly going to be in the west half of the unit where a buddy hunted a couple years ago, but I have a few areas picked out in the eastern half I'm going to check out as well. What's the condition of Stony Pass, and is it doable in a full-size pickup? Have any of you guys been in the burn areas in the last year or two? Is there a lot of downed timber? Shoot me a PM...

01-Aug-18
getting to stony pass from the west is easy enough. getting there from Rio Grande reservoir, in a truck is brutal. Getting to stony from the east via cinnamon took me about 4-5 hours. slow going in a truck.

01-Aug-18
When will all the chatter about 76 die down? It's not as good as it once was..everyone will tell you there is a 300+ bull behind every tree

01-Aug-18
Donny, great input, thanks for taking the time!

01-Aug-18
Surfbow, I hunted there 4 years ago, you will love it!

01-Aug-18
Sent you a PM.

02-Aug-18
Got the PM tramper, thanks!

05-Aug-18
Stoney Pass is fairly easy. Down to the river. But as mentioned above, Timber Hill is brutal. Anyone I talked that went through there lost parts of the their truck. ATV would be fine. I would make the 4 hour drive around to reach the reservoir.

• Sitka Gear