Konk1 01-Aug-18
RUGER1022 01-Aug-18
skookumjt 01-Aug-18
RutnStrut 01-Aug-18
casekiska 01-Aug-18
Jeff in MN 01-Aug-18
upnorth 02-Aug-18
31-Jul-18
I’d like to hear what method you are using to carry your range finder for easy access and use, both on spot and stalk and tree stand hunting.

01-Aug-18
Always in the right side cargo pocket of my pants. I did lose a very nice Leica rangefinder one year in CO. It fell out of that pocket while I was crawling after and trying to get into position for a shot on a small herd of elk. Went back to look for it but never did find it.

01-Aug-18
Spot and stalk, I carry it in my right side pocket, because I am right handed and my bow is in my left. In the stand it hangs from my bow holder on a hook. I usually range several spots from the stand and then hang it up. I usually don't use it when a deer is within range.

01-Aug-18

Konk1's Link
I use a system the clips to my bino harness around the shoulder and the range finder hangs at the ready for minimal movement when using the range finder. This does not get in the way of the bowstring while drawing or at full draw. Instead of using the ring to attach the range finder to the clip, I used a small diameter nylon cord. I will post a picture.

01-Aug-18
I wear mostly Grey wolf clothing & I had them sew an extra pocket hi on the chest on all my outfits .

I grab the range finder , range the target , drop it in the pocket & continue to the bow string . Very little movement .

And of course I pre shoot some landmarks .

01-Aug-18
I have used a Badlands pouch for quite a while. I really like that it's quiet and closes itself.

01-Aug-18
I have no spot and stalk experience. I keep it in a hip pocket while walking to/from and while in the stand. I pre range a LOT of landmarks around stands before an animal comes in. I also confirm these spots during dead time. I still have an occasional "surprise" range when a buck is moving quickly during the rut. But I'm usually pretty close on estimated range.

01-Aug-18
When I am walking out to and back from my stand it is in my backpack. Once on stand I hang it on a conveniently located hook, all my stands are set up with a number of hooks ready for calls, antlers, range finder, etc.,... Years ago I did a tremendous amount of outdoor shooting at unknown range targets and learned to range targets pretty accurately. I admit now I'm not as good as I once was, but if I'm unsure I watch 'em walk by. I have learned to be content with that sort of thing and sometimes enjoy it as much as taking the shot. Learning to accurately range distance is all part of the game.

01-Aug-18
My binos are also my range finder so they both hang around my neck with my right arm through the strap so it hangs under my right arm for easy access and out of the way.

02-Aug-18
Have a couple guys that don't have a problem . They bought a garmin sight with range finder built into it . All they do is hit the button aim and its tells distance and sets the pin needed to shoot the correct distance level or up/down hill . We set the 20 and 35 yard he moved to 5 yards to test it and shot it in a arrow hole the thing was dead on at all the yardages we tried to 40 yards in doors and they have shot it outdoors longer . Should't have to worry to much about it hurting hunting it cost 1000.00 .

• Sitka Gear