Commission meeting
Kansas
Contributors to this thread:
writer 02-Aug-18
sitO 03-Aug-18
Matt Palmquist 03-Aug-18
MDW 03-Aug-18
02-Aug-18
A reminder, there will not be an evening session for today’s Wildlife and Park’s commission meeting near Medicine Lodge. Not enough material on the agenda.

03-Aug-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I planned on attending, but another "agenda" rose to the surface...

Can anyone provide a brief? I could offer a trade ;?)

03-Aug-18
We discussed the proposed changes to the season structure. KDWPT offered 3 options...1. No change 2. Change but keep an archery only season. Youth/disabled season would encompass one full weekend, archery would start Monday following and go to the 2nd Wednesday of April. So 3 out of 6 years would be a nine day archery season and 3 would be a 2 day archery season. Option 3 was to eliminate the archery season and have the general season open the first Wednesday after the first full weekend in April.

Chairman Lauber proposed a compromised 4th option to revert to the structure prior to the change in 2015 where Archery/youth/disabled would run concurrently starting April 1st and I think the general season would start the 2nd Wednesday or the Wednesday after the first full weekend. I'm unsure on what was decided there. Basically it was said to go back to the previous structure.

If you want to hear more give me a call:)

Matt

03-Aug-18
Thanks for the update, Matt. I know how much it takes to make these meetings. Hope to see you in a week.

• Sitka Gear