ColinWTPNCK 11-Aug-18
Matte 12-Aug-18
Shawn 12-Aug-18
Shawn 13-Aug-18
Shawn 13-Aug-18
Quinn @work 15-Aug-18
ksq232 15-Aug-18
03-Aug-18
Does anyone know when the fall WIHA maps come out?? I thought it was around this time of the year! Thanks! Shawn

04-Aug-18
Usually by September 1st. Maybe a week or so earlier always makes it tough to scout much before youth season.

04-Aug-18
Thanks, I thought it was usually around mid-august!! Just hoping a couple spots I found in 2016 are still in the fall program. I have to scout some from at home and than on the fly when I get there. I have from Oct. 31 to two days before Turkey day this year. Hoping for cold weather!! Shawn

05-Aug-18
A bunch came out of the program for this year around here

05-Aug-18
It is mid August. They always have them out early for dove season.

07-Aug-18
Shawn I did see the Big Tract South of Norton was no longer in the fall program.

07-Aug-18
I just got a request to enroll our farm in the program last week, so they must still be acquiring land. Until that is done I wouldn't expect any maps to be printed.

07-Aug-18
PDF of Fall ‘18/Spring ‘19 is up.

07-Aug-18
They added one of my favorite pieces back down by Ness....Now I'm excited for this season.

07-Aug-18
I know which one you are talking about.

07-Aug-18
I know where it is too. I know where all of them are...I have a map.

07-Aug-18
HEY Sit is there corn there!

07-Aug-18
That big tract gets hammered anyway, good for a day or two late October than everyone and their brother hunts it!! I know the owners of the piece, maybe they leased it or they know there are a couple real bigguns in there! Shawn

08-Aug-18
I have been having a blast using old maps verse new ones finding the new spots. Then with a little help from goggle earth trying to see what the are maybe like. I have a feeling there will be alot of miles put on the truck this fall.

08-Aug-18
I will be doing a lot of driving as well, but I have a couple good ideas on where to hunt. I am kind of surprised the owners took that whole piece in big timber out of the program but they get paid measley for it anyway. Shawn

08-Aug-18
I checked cameras today on my section along the Arkansas river. 8-9 really good deer but I'm into Mule deer and hunting new grounds so it will be fun for sure this year.

11-Aug-18
I just went on the KDWPT site and it still shows 2017. Where did you find the 2018 Atlas?

12-Aug-18
Go to there where to hunt page scroll to the bottom of the page and there will be a PDF

12-Aug-18
Yes, no interactive map has been posted yet!! The PDF does show the WIHA by county though. Lots of areas have been removed and very few new ones added. I think part of the problem is the state does not pay much for the the tracts so if some group or someone comes along and offers 2 to 3 times the amount to lease the tract, landowners may be jumping at the extra money. Shawn

13-Aug-18
Interactive Map is up now!! Shawn

13-Aug-18
Sorry it shows that it is up but when I clicked on it, it went right to Fall 2017!! Come on Pratt get with it please!! Shawn

15-Aug-18
Nice to see Kansas added more WIHA acreage to the area we hunt.

15-Aug-18
The spot I scouted heavily last winter is still open, which is good. Two years ago a buddy and I scouted and prepped and mapped a half dozen stand sites on an acreage in extreme southern chautauqua county, only to have the 4500 acres dropped from the program the next fall.

• Sitka Gear