mrw 04-Aug-18
Jebediah 04-Aug-18
Moons22 04-Aug-18
mboudreau 04-Aug-18
Jebediah 04-Aug-18
codyg 04-Aug-18
TT-Pi 04-Aug-18
04-Aug-18
I saw an advertisement for “Ring” video doorbell on TV, you can get one for $99. It looks like it sends the video to your phone. This is a heck of a lot less than the phone-linked game cameras. Anybody familiar with this doorbell thing? Could I set one up out in the woods? Thanks for any insights.

04-Aug-18
I'm not sure if every deer going by will ring the bell though.

04-Aug-18
What if you put peanut butter on the door bell?

04-Aug-18
I should have said—it is apparently motion-activated, independent of doorbell function.

04-Aug-18
Was gonna say haha would work great if every deer that came by hit the door bell for you.. If it is motion detected would definitely be worth looking into...

04-Aug-18
Jeb you can set one up in the woods if you are near a wireless access point. It does not have a SIM or any way to get on the cloud without being within 50 feet of router etc. maybe someday....

04-Aug-18
I see, thank you. Sounds like a no-go.

04-Aug-18
I actually have one on my door. It is great and the motion detector does detect really far out. Lithium battery is also great. But like Mboudreau said it need to be connected to the internet or wireless router. For it to work.

04-Aug-18
Take a look at these. May work for deer cam application ... don't know yet. If for nothing else than catching the stand menace it looks promising. I bought a few... Cheap protection.

Mini Motion Activated Camera | Amazon.com Official Site? Adwww.amazon.com/electronics/camera-photo?

• Sitka Gear