Proline 06-Aug-18
spike78 06-Aug-18
TT-Pi 06-Aug-18
Will 06-Aug-18
05-Aug-18

spike78's Link
Good big or go home buddy!

05-Aug-18
Hahaha spike if I’m gonna go big I may as well buy this thing. Aim at the deer, it ranges it, and sets the pin!

05-Aug-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

05-Aug-18
Nah you don’t need to go that big! Just figured if you were going IQ you might as well go all out. I’m tempted to get that IQ. $300 yikes

05-Aug-18
Nah you don’t need to go that big! Just figured if you were going IQ you might as well go all out. I’m tempted to get that IQ. $300 yikes

05-Aug-18
Anything electronic or battery assisted will keep you out of the Boon and Crockett record books. You wouldn't want that. Can't even have Luminocs .

Yes , It could too happen!

05-Aug-18
Come on ti-PI this is Massachusetts!

05-Aug-18
I never entered any of my MA bucks in the record book and it wasn’t cuz of equipment lol

05-Aug-18
Proline Lots of Booner's have been taken in Mass. I think Pope & Young also prohibits electronics on the bow. That thing is way over the top. I go to the woods to escape technology. Tekoa

05-Aug-18
I've always thought the lumenoc prohibition is silly. It doesn't assist in the kill, just the recovery.

05-Aug-18
I do think it's amazing that MA has loaded the NEBBC book the past 10 years. Several 185+ inches, I think more than any other northeastern state. I like my noktournals to much to not use em though ??

05-Aug-18
I was kidding about buying that sight by the way... ha ha. Way out of my budget even if I wanted it. You guys are right though. MA Is way underrated for big bucks... Now only if I could hold off on those little guys....

06-Aug-18
Just keep looking at your trail cam pic's of big ones Moons... Or shoot whatever feels right to you and be happy. I'm generally of the later belief system, though I've passed some small bucks and does over the years too. Not really a "trophy" guy, though slowly I can feel myself sliding that way. Maybe some day Ill be like BBB on the CT forum - who gets busted for shooting a deer every 16 years. (I'm checking to see if you are trolling MA Bob :))

06-Aug-18
To each there own.

I like to think of it as being a "challenge guy "or "selective". Letting the middle age deer develop makes for a greater challenge as he matures. Young deer are generally less informed deer and therefore more likely to be victims of our efforts.

Having one in the freezer aside. I like to hunt what challenges me and I enjoy letting some/ most walk... you never know what is following behind. The spirit moves when the time is right but if I am killing everything then what is that?

06-Aug-18
Well said TT-Pi. Pretty much my motto as well.

Tekoa no doubt ....but your odds are incredibly slim. I've been hunting Mass since 1990 and Im hard pressed to recall even seeing one buck that would have gotten a score to 130.

06-Aug-18
Pi it’s enough of a challenge in the western end so no pick and choose for me.

06-Aug-18
Understood spike. Everything is relative to the conditions. All of our challenges are according to our particular issues. Agreed.

It just so happens that Moons is hunting neer some of my past stomping grounds and there are some true giants running around. Just enough room and some deep cover and perfect edge habitat for them to multiply quickly. Lots of does close to homes etc. ... Add that they often have a corridor like condition to move through ( neighborhood corridors) as opposed to all deep woods. ( A recipe for happy hunting for sure but we have a lot of hunters to compete with as well. )

I can't remember a year there that I didn't get a crack at a 130 + buck and usually saw a few each year.

Several great deer that are record book worthy were taken in N.Attleboro and surrounding towns in the several years that I hunted there. Not uncommon to have several 130 + class deer taken each year from that area.

But of course there are no deer , so pretend I didn't say that ... MK?

06-Aug-18

Will's Link
https://bigbuckclub.com/photo-gallery/

The NEBBC gallery is a bit funky to use, but, if you select MASS and then just keep selecting years, it's pretty cool to see a sampling, not all, of the big deer shot here lately. Last years top few were nuts!

When I feel like "nothing is going to come by"... I think of these sorts of pictures and find I can sit longer :)

• Sitka Gear