Rut Nut 18-Aug-18
rust4brains 21-Aug-18
Rut Nut 21-Aug-18
Bob McArthur 21-Aug-18
Teeton 21-Aug-18
Stekewood 21-Aug-18
06-Aug-18

Rut Nut's Link
Got nothing better to do today than check to see when my doe tag app is processed! ;-)

06-Aug-18
I'm sending two apps In this morning for 1A. They had over 30,000 left. Still can't figure out why so many tags issued for 1A. Deer numbers are way down the last couple years.

06-Aug-18
Was awarded two 5C tags at 10:03 and one 2D tag at 10:04! Life is good! ;-)

06-Aug-18
None for me yet.

Bill V.

06-Aug-18
Lots of does here!

06-Aug-18
Been checking about every 30 minutes, nada and watching the available tags steadily dwindle. Trying for a 2G, never been able to get a bonus tag and have a tag for each of my primary units. Mailed in Friday but have a feeling it should have gone Thursday. But my first round was filled Monday after I mailed it Saturday. So frustrating. Did I mail it right? Did I send it to the right Treasurer? Is he on vacation today? Ridiculous.

06-Aug-18
I feel your pain Elk yinzer!

Maybe the mail truck broke down on the way to the treasurers. OR maybe the Treasurer decided they didn’t have enough manpower to tackle such “menial” tasks(as actually happened several years ago in one county, so they just let them sit in a pile! : (

LONG overdue to take these WEAK LINKS out of the equation!

06-Aug-18
Got my 4B tag.

06-Aug-18
Six 5D tags awarded so far today. Good start. :-)

06-Aug-18
You poor boys!!! Your acting like it's a Colorado unit 2, 201 ,61 or 76 elk tag. :) I didn't even send yet,, maybe tomorrow..

06-Aug-18
What you waitin’ for Ed????? We got 5C slickheads to kill! ;-)

06-Aug-18
just something to do Ed, calm down

I got one envelope back in the mail today, I screwed up the address. 5 envelopes in the mail, none filled yet

Bill v

06-Aug-18
Bill- WTH?????? Haven’t you filled out enough of those stupid pink envelopes over the years to know how to do it??? ;-)

06-Aug-18
Rut, I had to laugh when I saw it. I wrote in the county and then wrote in MY address under it on the front. I sent it to myself :)))

It was like a production line over here with those envelopes , and production screwed up. lol

I still have 5 envelopes up there and none were filled today.

Bill V.

06-Aug-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
LOL! : )

06-Aug-18
Nothing for me yet

06-Aug-18
I have 12 5D tags issued so far. That’s pretty good!! I didn’t even mail one back to myself. JEEZ Bill.

06-Aug-18
We're having earn a buck tag here this yearPerry. LOL.

06-Aug-18
Brian- you must be one of them HOGS that Bob Mcquacker is always talking about! ;-)

No problem Art! I’ll have a 2D doe tag! : )

06-Aug-18
Hey Rut. That doesn’t count the tags the RC prints for me every year. Which reminds me.... he said he needed more ink for the printer. Gotta head to Staples.

06-Aug-18
LOL! : )

06-Aug-18

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
LOL

07-Aug-18
LMBO!!! : )

07-Aug-18
Hey Rut..I hear there is an obscure rule in the PGC. If you are bitten by a snake, airlifted to a hospital, given a minimum of 30 vials of anti-venom, you are entitled to 5 Governors Antlerless deer tags. They are good in any zone throughout the State. Very obscure, you may want to look into it.

07-Aug-18
I'm pretty sure that's only if you get bit on the left leg??? Rutt ya might wanna stomp around in the long grass with yer good leg out so you can get a few more tags.... Whatcha think? :^)

07-Aug-18
LMBO guys!!!!! Don’t think it’s worth it for some doe tags. Now, Bull Elk tag? Would have to think about that one................... ;-)

07-Aug-18
Oink oink. So far I have been issued 19 5C tags and 31 5D tags. Still waiting for approval for about 150 more 5D and 60 5C tags. Oink oink.

07-Aug-18
2 5C's and another 5D issued at 7:45 this morning. The ladies in the treasurers office are starting early!

07-Aug-18
We just borrow them from McQuaker if we run out :)

Bill V.

07-Aug-18
LMBO!!!!!! : )

I just wonder what percentage of McQuacker’s tags get filled every year? Cuz I don’t remember seeing too many kill shots! ;-)

07-Aug-18
Cuz I don’t remember seeing too many kill shots! ;-)

That's cause they all have tire tracks across them:)

07-Aug-18
Bob doesn't kill any, he's been using those tags for years to line the walls in his garage.

Dang, I must be on the bottom of the pile, still only 3 tags have been issued to me so far

Did anyone notice that total tags for 5D, they said original # was 18000, on the availability chart it adds up to 28000. Anyone know whats right?

bill v

07-Aug-18
LOL Bill! : )

What county? Sounds like you picked the wrong one! ;-)

07-Aug-18
Bucks, its one of the best, guess I just ended up at the bottom some how.

07-Aug-18
Well, I don't want to brag, but I think I got this figured out! I was awarded 3 tags by 10:04am yesterday! ;-)

07-Aug-18
You gonna get bit by a rattlesnake every year from now on?

07-Aug-18
Looks like 9 of my envelopes have already been processed. No more updates from me from here on out. Don't want to be called any names.

07-Aug-18
LOL! I sure hope not Bob. But I know which county to send to now! ;- )

Steve- LOL! No judgement zone here! : )

07-Aug-18
OK I sent for my tags today.. Two 3c and two 5c. Now I'll wait and see if I get tags when the pinks come back.. SIGN, not loosing sleep over getting them.. :)

07-Aug-18
Sent to Montgomery County and have nothing awarded yet.

07-Aug-18
Ed- TWO 3C? I thought you were only allowed ONE non-SRA WMU per round?

Phil- I thought you learned your lesson last year! ;-)

07-Aug-18
It only took three days to get my first license this year. I was going to switch but thought I’d give them another try.

08-Aug-18
Phil, good luck with that, They are terrible and the slowest around.

08-Aug-18
Oink Oink...

5C and 5D SRA tags... Yummy...

08-Aug-18
All 42 of mine have been issued. Quick prompt service.

08-Aug-18
DANG!!!!!!! You boys are filling the PGC coffers- I bet they send you a Christmas card every year! ;-)

08-Aug-18
Rut,, I sent in my regular doe and first round bonus for 3c..

08-Aug-18
Oh, ok- got ya!

08-Aug-18
How do the Amish manage to get so many freakin doe tags? Do they even do banks and postal service?

08-Aug-18
They prolly don't buy doe tags.

They just shoot and drag to the barn.

08-Aug-18
Hey RC. I shipped that ink cartridge out today. Just print me up the same amount as last year. Appreciate it. :)

08-Aug-18
Okie dokie Brian..

09-Aug-18
Finally had may tags issued, geeze, sent in 6 envelopes, they filled one set monday and did 4 more lopes finally today. don't know how those envelopes got so seperated. One more lope to go, Thats the one I had to resend after sending it to myself, lol!

OINK OINK ! bill v

10-Aug-18
Bill... Shoot dem doe... That's why they issue so many tags! The northern tier hunter just does not understand how many doe are actually in the SRA's...

10-Aug-18
Bowhunting5c,, I don't think that's totally true.. We have like 10k doe tags left in 3c northern tier.. That's because no one hunts in 3c anymore like back in the 80's and 90's... I think all the other northern tier units are sold out. From my house to a property I have it's only 7 miles or so. A cool night a week ago I saw 32 deer on my ride home. I bet if i went spot lighting I'd see 300 deer in hour and a half. As for bear, I've seen 2 bear this week alone. I didn't keep count of the bear I saw this year.. last year I think I saw 38 bear.. 5 at one time. This year I hope to do better on bear, I shot right over the back of one last year on the tuesday of the Pa bear archery season...

Any of you guys that hunt and only get doe tags in the SR Area's and do come north for bear hunting, you can still get a 3c doe tag.

10-Aug-18
You got any good bear spots? ;-)

10-Aug-18
Maybe we need to start a UBP 3C Archery Bear Hunt?! ;-)

10-Aug-18
Stakewood,, one group of guys killed 5 bear on open day of bear rifle a few year back.. it was on game lands.... So yes I got good bear spots... But I've been so busy this year I have not got out one time to scout. Trying to set a gold of having all my work done by September 1..

11-Aug-18
But Rut is doing the 2D UBP bear hunt. LOL.

11-Aug-18
Yep- HOPEFULLY Art! ;-)

13-Aug-18
Finally, today at 1:55 Montgomery County awarded me two 5C tags. One would have been a 4c if they handled it last Monday when it arrived.

But now I know the secret location to send to......

13-Aug-18
Saturday my 4B tag showed up in the mail. The website says my 5C tag is awarded.

13-Aug-18
Live and learn Phil! ;-)

Sounds like you’re set now Chuck! : )

15-Aug-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Well, I got ONE of my envelopes back from the Co. Treasurer. (2D Tag) Just hope the other one isn’t lost in the mail! It’s got my 5C tags in it.

15-Aug-18
I never sent my first round tag appl in until right before the second round tag was drawn. Still got Iit.

17-Aug-18
Can I send in 3 apps for 5C for the next deadline of 8-20 or is it still only 1 app at this time?

17-Aug-18
John- 5C is unlimited. You just can’t put more than 3 apps in each envelope. And you DON’T have to wait til 8/20.

18-Aug-18
Thx

18-Aug-18
You’re welcome John.

Well, I finally got my two 5C tags yesterday. Luckily they were not lost in the “snail mail!”

21-Aug-18
I got a nice phone call the other day. When I filled out our paperwork, I used a gel pen, well it must have smeared when I put them in the envelope. The county treasures office called to verify Mitchells CID number. I made a comment about appreciating the call back versus them sending it back. She stated that the treasurer wanted them to do what they could to help out the applicants. I know that the county offices usually get a lot of negative feedback, so I thought that I'd share some good news for once.

21-Aug-18
Glad to hear it Pat! That is good customer service!

21-Aug-18

Bob McArthur's Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqblSqx_VI

21-Aug-18
Well I got to about 11 seconds of Bob's 11 minute link before I click off. Any one listen to the whole thing???

A few years back I also got a call from the treasurer office to fix something I did wrong.

21-Aug-18
Try listening to it again in a few years when cannabis is legal in PA. You'll stick with it then! :-)

• Sitka Gear