itshot 05-Nov-18
brewski 12-Nov-18
freeglee 13-Nov-18
brewski 26-Nov-18
Swampbuck 12-Sep-19
bigswivle 13-Sep-19
itshot 13-Sep-19
06-Aug-18
Getting close to that time of year again for us up here in zone c. Just curious what kinda rut behavior anyone may be seeing. I live in Flagler county and all but one of the bucks I've been seeing are still in velvet. All were still in bachelor groups. I've been finding lots of active scrapes but no rubs. I'm sure they'll start showing up any day now. We all know how unpredictable the rut is in Florida so let's all get on here and help each other out! Looking forward to hearing from ya'll! May the wind stay in your face and your arrows fly true!

07-Aug-18
The rut on my place is usually starts up around the 2nd or 3rd week of September

08-Aug-18
That's perfect for us seeings how our archery season will just be opening. I hunt pretty much south central of my county and my buddy the south west. The 15 miles between us sometimes means a two week difference in the rut. It's crazy how our deers rutting behavior is affected by the small difference in location. He also told me yesterday that in western Flagler county majority of the bucks have shed their velvet. Meanwhile I've only seen one buck fully she'd but plenty still in velvet.

08-Aug-18
Swampbuck what county are you in?

08-Aug-18
It was in full effect last year on September 19th. My place is in Levy County. Counting down the days. I’ll be up there this weekend for a few days checking stands, mowing trails and roads and trimming shooting lanes

08-Aug-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
In Volusia.....7-17-18

08-Aug-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
7-25-18....

12-Aug-18
Going out to do some scouting today. I'll let y'all know what type of action I see while I'm out there

12-Aug-18

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Rut started about a week ago in our part of South Florida (Glades County). First week or two of August is typical for us. Saw several small bucks chasing does and this guy came in to my stand yesterday at 430 pm to doe in estrus scent.

12-Aug-18

He lost some weight and a left brow tine during the pre-rut/rut since these trail cam pics a month or so ago but was still 143# and 4.5 years old.

13-Aug-18
Congrats on the buck Chris!

14-Aug-18
Thanks buddy! Good luck to all, Florida deer aren’t easy.

20-Sep-18
Hello everyone, hope hunting has been going well for yall.

25-Sep-18
had chasing on camera as early as Sept 4th.......

Opening weekend was the slowest I've seen in a while, scrape/ rub sign is there but not plentiful, very wet at my spot

30-Sep-18
September 15th, opening morning for bow in section C 50 yards away nice 6 maybe 8 chasing a doe never picking his head up for about 12 inches off the ground. Haven't been able to get back into the woods again.

02-Nov-18

brewski's embedded Photo
brewski's embedded Photo
This beauty was chasing doe's here in Pasco county a couple of days ago

02-Nov-18
brewski, great deer...starkey ?

05-Nov-18
No not Starkey. This was around an area called Lake Dan, This was as close as I could get. I went to look for him this morning but no luck

05-Nov-18
nice, beautiful area..my bil lives adjacent to lake frances in same preserve, would be swell to hunt it!

12-Nov-18
I ran into two game wardens over by lake frances . They thought I was carrying a rocket launcher because they were at a distance. It was my big camera lens. Surprise!!!

13-Nov-18

26-Nov-18
Lots of dead deer on the roads in Pasco county. That is a rut indicator!!!!

12-Sep-19
I think the rut started earlier this year. Saw chasing going on August 25-29. Maybe it was just stating, usually 2nd week of September starts heating up around me. Good luck all! Stay safe, J

13-Sep-19
I know they’re chasing in Okeechobee county, I think they’re a little behind here in Hardee county. Good luck to all!!!!

13-Sep-19
sittin this opener out, hope all you in the woods get a good shot!! Good Luck!!

• Sitka Gear