Sitka Gear
Unit 65
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Elkmeat 07-Aug-18
07-Aug-18
Well fellas, now that the leftover dust has settled and I’m just as tagless as I was before 9am, it looks like I’ll be losing my OTC Archery virginity this year. Looking at unit 65. I grew up in Gunnison and have always bow hunted 66 & 54, never made it over into 65, but being next to 66 and the Uncompahgre that I’m familiar with, I thought about giving it a shot this September. The topography is steep like everything else I’ve ever hunted in the basin so I’m aware of that. If anyone has any input, advice, places to stay away from, experiences, access points etc. I’d be very grateful for a PM with anything you have to say. Happy to return the favor if possible. Hate to even ask but it’s always nice to hear anything from anyone who’s been in there. Like I said I’ve never had to hit the OTC scenario before so, if there’s any other units that would be worth while I’m all ears; just not looking to go any further SW/W than 65 for logistical reasons. Thanks in advance and I wish you all an enjoyable, memorable, and successful season.

J

• Sitka Gear