getting old 10-Aug-18
tonyo6302 13-Aug-18
getting old 13-Aug-18
tonyo6302 15-Aug-18
Fuzzy 15-Aug-18
Fuzzy 15-Aug-18
born2bwild 04-Sep-18
10-Aug-18
Anyone recommend a reliable outfitter, rifle or muzzleloader season Virginia deer hunt. Thanks

13-Aug-18

tonyo6302's Link
I have bird hunted at Hunters Paradise. While doing that, I observed their food plots, and saw plenty of deer sign.

.. . . ..

. . .. .

The Chukkar and Pheasant is "high fence" ( planted birds ), but the deer are free range.

Great Cabins and main Lodge. Good people there. Family owned and operated.

That have a bass pond, too, free for those who stay there.

I would book a hunt there if I did not have anything close by.

http://www.greenvalleyhuntersparadise.com/

Good luck,

Tony

13-Aug-18
Thanks, will give them a call

15-Aug-18
Muzzleloader season is pre-rut and rut. The first two weeks of November. That is when I would book. That second week in November is sweet on the coast. Probably the same in the mountains.

.. .. .

. .. .

Fuzzy would know more about the Mountain rut than I.

15-Aug-18
Mountain rut is same as the lowlands, except that in some areas there are two distinct types of whitetail populations that rut at slightly different times. The larger framed, longer legged , lighter colored "Valley" deer tend to rut mid to late November while the "mountain bucks" shorter framed, stockier , darker colored bucks tend to rut the first and second week.

15-Aug-18
You can't miss the rut by much if you shoot for 11/5 thru 11/19

04-Sep-18
Anyone or hunting club interested in taking a first time out of state archer on a hunt ? Fyi I'm 59 been hunting since about 6 yrs. old. Taught hunter education in Ohio over 12 years also assistant scout master been shooting bow on and off about 20 years. I am a very scent conscious hunter safe and most of all ethical. Want to know more about me feel free to ask. One more thing I'm a former Army Infantry vet. Also forgot to mention I'm staying in Powhattan area.

• Sitka Gear