Paul@thefort 12-Aug-18
KHunter 12-Aug-18
Mathewshootrphone 12-Aug-18
RogBow 12-Aug-18
Adventurewriter 14-Aug-18
Ski & Skin 20-Aug-18
Treeline 20-Aug-18
11-Aug-18
Every year I chase these things on OTC archery tags and I have yet to get it done, usually can only get within 100 yards before I hear that weird antelope call and they blow out of there.

Typically I drive and glass until I see a bedded lone buck. However it seems they never stay bedded for more than 15-30 minutes before they get up and move away, I'm assuming that is typical of most antelope?

What are some tips/tricks you guys use to seal the deal? My maximum range is 60 yards, just cannot maintain any consistency beyond 60 no matter how much I shoot.

I usually only go early and never have time to get back out in September, so decoying has never worked.

12-Aug-18
Get knee pads and elbow pads. You need a little bit of terrain. If your going on a complete pancake you can only use the sun. Try harder! GL

12-Aug-18
I have had the same experience. My tip is to expect other goats near the one you spotted. Having tunnel vision while stalking the bedded pronghorn has resulted in others appearing and spooking. They materialized out of nowhere on the prairie.

12-Aug-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
"you need a little bit of terrain" I agree 100%. If you can see them on your way in, they will see you coming.

12-Aug-18
There was the ONE time in Wy I stalked a pronghorn standing up the whole way and no terrain, basically in the wide open. He started 90 yards away and was feeding/poking along the direction I wanted to go any way. When his head was down I advanced, when he raised his head I stropped. Within 700 yards I reeled him in to 40 yards and he stood broadside and I arrowed him.

BUT that has to be a crazy, never to be repeated (by me) anomaly.

Two years ago I decoyed in and arrowed a nice buck in UT with little cover from 225 yards on opening day which is August 20? Or thereabouts. In that area they were herded up already and bucks chasing each other off, which I thought unusual but took what I was dealt.

Pronghorn are a favorite to spot and stalk, you never know what might work in a given situation. Get in enough stalks and you will close the deal...and may well be asking yourself “How did THAT ever pan out?”

12-Aug-18
100 yrd pin

12-Aug-18
Nice joke Brandon, I needed the laugh.

14-Aug-18
Pronghorns are quirky your driving and the first herd runs like they are on fire ...a mile away you run across a new herd and they don't stop feeding at 40 yards...you never really know how they are going to react...but the best bet is if they see anything at all they are suspicious of they put distance

20-Aug-18
I figure I need 10 encounters to nock an arrow and maybe 10 times of knocking an arrow i'll get to draw and out of 10 draws i'll get one good shot. This year was 8 encounters, 1 draw and 1 shot and one goat. I think i'm just really lucky!!!

20-Aug-18
You certainly beet the odds this year! Congratulations again on a great buck!

• Sitka Gear