MA_Bowhunter 15-Aug-18
spike78 15-Aug-18
Will 15-Aug-18
Moons22 15-Aug-18
Moons22 15-Aug-18
MA_Bowhunter 15-Aug-18
Buckshot89 16-Aug-18
11-Aug-18
Just wondering. I was considering trying some but I think they weigh 20 to 30 grains. How much do they mess with your arrow flight? Not sure if they are worth the $10 per arrow....($30 for a 3-pack). What are your thoughts on all this stuff....?

11-Aug-18
For me very little change in speed and with how fast todays bows are Its a non issue. They are a great tracking aid and well worth the loss of a couple feet per second.

11-Aug-18
Helps you see exact arrow impact. Buy them. I learned

11-Aug-18
Great as if I didn’t spend enough oh well only money.

11-Aug-18
Love my Nocktournals. Work great, no changes I can decipher in terms of flight, and wholly smokes, you will see where the arrow goes.

Best though, is finding the arrow after the shot. Whether stuck in the ground or watching the light fly through the woods on a non pass through, they really help!

11-Aug-18
Arrows do some funny things and of course, having one glowing will help you to find it. Don't worry about the flight difference. Not an issue. But be sure the replacement nock is the same as the replaced one ( catches the string in the same way or maybe not at all which would be a problem)

But when you shoot that Booner of a lifetime you would best not talk about your little light helper.

It's a silly rule but it's serious to them at B@C.

11-Aug-18
$19.99 on EBay not too shabby

11-Aug-18
$19.99 on EBay not too shabby

11-Aug-18
Nokturnals are $15 for a 3 pk right now at Bass pro and Cabela's. The nokturnals don't have any effect on my arrows but lumenocks make my arrows fishtail like crazy.

11-Aug-18
I used lumenocks last year and they were terrible. Turned on when they shouldn't and didn't turn on when they should. And 2 of the 3 I bought broke. I don't mean the light either, the nock just shattered in the exact same spot on two separate nocks. I think I'm going to try nocturnals this year.

12-Aug-18
Hsfc , the same thing happened to me with luminocks several years ago. Two shattered out of 3 shots.

12-Aug-18
Hopefully be done tinkering with the bow by next Sunday. Spent a lot of my life reviewing everything for it bow, rest, arrows, quiver, sifts, broadheads, lighted knocks, peepor no peep jeez. Even got a new target!

12-Aug-18
Whatever your brand, I love them for filming. Check out this NY buck I shot with a lighted nock at 10:42 in the video. https://vimeo.com/199081625 and this one at 13:30 https://vimeo.com/200087485

12-Aug-18
I tried them all, firenocks are by far the most reliable.

12-Aug-18
That green nock looked good on video drslyr but bought the red one yesterday.

12-Aug-18
The extra weight in the back will not decrease speed much but it can have the affect of changing spine. Probably won't impact things that much but i like 4 fletch, so I have a lot of weight in the back with the Nocturnals and 4 vanes. More weight in the back can make the arrow react stiffer.

I use Nocturnals which are about 20-21 grains. For practice during most of the year, I switched from plastic nocks to Victory aluminum nocks which weigh about 15. Pricey but they can take a beating and saved me from many damaged arrows due to impact. The weight is closer to what the nocturnals are. Right before the season I will switch to the Nocturnals and only practice with them.

12-Aug-18
Just bought Nocturnals today ,.. you want one?

12-Aug-18
Nice vids slyr. That 8 was a beauty

12-Aug-18
He's on the wall with some of his brothers.

13-Aug-18
I guess the 3 for $15 is gone.

13-Aug-18
Drslyr, you vid's make me happy :)

13-Aug-18
I have a love/hate relationship with lighted nocks. I have had issues with every major brand and configuration (on off switch, pull to turn on, magnetic activation). they all have flaws, and for the cost, they SHOULD be more reliable. batteries breaking, batteries dying, turn on when they should be off, off when they should be on, etc etc. the ONLY time I've actually had one work correctly was when I made it DIY with a tills bobber light. and that was one out of a half dozen I made that stopped working shortly after.

I have not tried firenocks as the cost was always prohibitive....the freakin nocks would cost me more than a completed arrow.

I do love the fact that you can see the impact much more easily, but to me until someone invents a 'foolproof' system that isn't cost prohibitive, I'll stick to my regular old plastic nocks.

13-Aug-18
Why will?

14-Aug-18
The strobing nocturnals are the best IMO. Strobes between red and green. Its so easy to follow the arrow.

14-Aug-18

Passthrough's Link

14-Aug-18
They just feel like they are all the activity. I feel like I'm there with you. Not over produced, just showing what happened. knowing many are in areas very similar to where I hunt or fish (Quabbin for example) also helps. I feel the same way with Taz's videos and a few others who do them that frequent bowsite, it just feels like I could be there, in that spot. That it's "Real" and not some manicured farm or what not.

14-Aug-18
Thanks Will I appreciate that more than you know. I know my vids long and boring sometimes but I'm tryna make it as real as it is. Thats why I do the "live" hunts from the NY cabin too. I made a lot of "live" hunts from the NY cabin where mostly nothing happened other than the optimism of a new day. I had my chances but decided to hold out for a good one. Soon I'll be boring the hell outa you guys again. Hope you's guy's like it.

15-Aug-18
I have been using nocturnals for years. I buy a nw pack once a year. About a month before I step into stand when I am really getting dialed in all practice arrows have the nocturnals on them in conjunction with practice broadheads. I get it as close to real thing as possible. I honestly don't notice much flight difference out to 40yds but I still practice with them on there. Just aim for different spots on target so you don't risk clipping one. Nothing like shooting an arrow at dusk and not sure if you hit deer and spending valuable time trying to find the arrow. These make it quick and easy to find arrow and see what happens to your shot / clean / deflection / etc. I love mine. I like the red ones. PLus cool as hell practicing with them at dusk. Like a laser show!.

15-Aug-18
So the question is, red or green?

15-Aug-18
Red is more visible, especially in the daytime.

15-Aug-18

MA_Bowhunter's Link
Just throwing this out there - I have tried many kinds of lighted nocks, including building my own. Last year, i decided to try nocks from China, and I was surprised at how good they are. I've yet to have a failure with these. They are a Nockturnals knock-off, and similar to the ones in the link. For about $2 each, its worth a try - just be prepared for long shipping times.

15-Aug-18
MA bowhunter do you know how many grains they are? Might order some

15-Aug-18
Moons, I used the green for a few years and still have a few. At dawn/dusk, or even that 45' pre sunset (or after) in heavy hemlocks sort of light, it's 6 of one, half dozen of another. Both work great. But I think the guys have a point, when it's brighter, both work, but the red (or pink, probably because it's got some red to it) seem to be a hair easier to see.

It is fun to practice, as noted above, you feel like you are shooting star wars arrows and that your bow should go: Pew Pew Pew.

One little tip. I keep a "practice" broad head in my pack - a rage hypo to be specific. The tip is still pretty pointy and is perfect for turning the nock off if it accidentally turns on when you stick it on the string OR after picking it up from a shot. A small nail would work, and I've used a ball point pen in a pinch... but that tip of the rage hypo practice head is perfect.

15-Aug-18
Cool Thanks guys. I bought green ones last year after I shot a doe, thought I had a perfect hit, but it ended up being a gut shot. No more guessing. I’m probably gonna order some from MAbowhuns link. Sure beats 10-15 a nock

15-Aug-18
Cool Thanks guys. I bought green ones last year after I shot a doe, thought I had a perfect hit, but it ended up being a gut shot. No more guessing. I’m probably gonna order some from MAbowhuns link. Sure beats 10-15 a nock

15-Aug-18
Spike, 21.5 grains each. I measured a couple of them on my calibrated powder scale, so i am pretty sure that is accurate. If you get them, please let me know how they work out for you. They should arrive in time for the season if you order now.

Remember that regular nocks weight 10 grains or so (at least mine do), so you are not adding 20 to 30 grains on the back of your arrow (like someone said above). You're just adding 10 to 12 grains. I have not noticed a difference in flight when I use them.

16-Aug-18

Buckshot89's Link
I use the nock out lighted nocks by clean shot. They have a little practice collar on it to stop the light from engaging while practicing. They are around the same weight as a lumenok or a nockturnal and are a breeze to turn on and off. To engage it they literally "push in" slightly and you can effortlessly pull it back out to turn it off. Of all the lighted nocks I've ever used over the years, cheap ebay Chinese brand ones included these have been worth every penny. Going on two or three years with a couple of them and they still work great every time. Have never had a failure or one break on me once and I shoot a ton. Just bought a new pack of the contenders (their newest one) to see how they do. I would recommend them for sure. I should also note I've seen them between $18-$25 on ebay or various websites (bought mine for $19.99 at cabelas). So they go for roughly $6-$8 per nock on average.

• Sitka Gear