onX Maps
New to archery
Florida
Contributors to this thread:
Nicozuna 11-Aug-18
Ollie 17-Sep-18
11-Aug-18
Hello all,

I was wondering, I am getting into archery after being 20yrs away from it. I want to start bow hunting next year. My question is about gear. I am at the point in my life that I have extra money (not tons) but I want to get a good bow. I only have one other friend that is into bow hunting and he says that, if I can afford, get the best bow for your money and same with any hunting gear and accessories. I like the new Hoyts and Matthews and I know their flagship bows are expensive, but if I can afford it, should I go with the high end bow or stay mid range?

Ive always wanted to bow hunt so I know this is something that I will stick with, its only now if my life that I can afford to do so. I live in lakeland so I have areas that I can practice. And my goal is to be ready for next years season of hunting, and I wanna take my time this year and next to be as prepared as I can for next season.

What do you all think I should do?

Thank you for any advice you have for me.

17-Sep-18
Why not buy a used bow at considerable discount and work on shooting it well. This will give you time to consider which options you may want in a more expensive, new bow.

• Sitka Gear