Elk Dog 14-Aug-18
RogBow 14-Aug-18
Dirk Diggler 14-Aug-18
Quinn @work 15-Aug-18
Vids 15-Aug-18
coelker 15-Aug-18
standswittaknife 15-Aug-18
12-Aug-18
I received an email from an individual claiming the following: “Well here we are nudging mid-August after a screwed-up draw process of magnitude proportions behind us and Colorado Parkes and Wildlife staff beginning to peek out from under their desks from where they have been hiding for the past month plus when hunters began finding out that they don’t have the license they drew and the points they had because a computer glitch cheated them out of the license and points they earned.

It also doesn’t help that the Colorado Parks and wildlife didn’t have the mental power between the thousands of employees to reach out to the 6000 hunters that got shafted, ask them to pay for the license with the credit card on file and fix or as they say right their wrong. Instead they chose to not contact the media to being awareness to the hunters and get the problems fixed, they chose to bury in deep under their desks, only walk outside of the buildings under the cover of darkness and pass the incoming calls to voice machines that had no owners out in outer space.

The States concern? They had no concern, they knew they would sell all of the licenses anyway in the leftover draw. They did not care if the rightful buyer didn’t get them, they got sold and that is all they cared about. They just had to stall with red tape and false walls until they got mixed in with all of the other left-over licenses on 8/7/18. They stalled and didn’t come out of their foxholes until after that dreaded day, so they now they could say, “We are sorry (Lie) about your license, but all of the licenses for that GMU are sold out for 2018.”

The leftover sale went out bumbled as much as the original draw by this mislead top heavy with overhead government agency. At 9am mountain time on n8/7/18 the leftover sale began with a lot of hoopla with hunters from home trying to right how they had been wronged by this overpaid lack of knowledge group of self-proclaimed computer experts. Hunters waiting at home at their computer at 9am sharp tried to log into their profile page so they could purchase the license that the CP&W took from them and that they blew off the hunter by telling them, “OH don’t worry the licenses will be in the leftover list you can buy it on lone at 9am.” As their computer churned at home the main data base slowed down enough to provide response times so long that bringing up the hunter’s profile would time out. It provided an error message to the hunter, NO PROFILE AVAILABLE. For the first 20 minut4es this was the outcome from the hunters at home. They definitely didn’t get their license again because it was stealing from them again due to dumbass load calculation by the dumb ass teckies in the Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

A poorly plan, no unlike future years when the draw was done in Kentucky by the A Colorado Parks and wildlife vendor, and the systems connections wen down and stayed down from 9am until 1pm that day. It takes little mental knowledge to know from history that if the load was so heavy when done previously they should error on the side of caution and break the sale into categories as 1-day Antelope for the test, then one day deer and 1-day elk. But then again you must think the way The Colorado Parks and Wildlife does, who cares they will all sell anyway. They have no customer satisfaction guidelines or goals like a real company, they are a government entity protected by their showing if you don’t like what we do, go else where even if we have a monopoly in Colorado

Anyway, time will pass and people will leave the Colorado Parks and Wildlife as they have and the remaining will say it was because of Corey xxxx that the whole thing came about and has gone now so it will never happen again. People will leave but it is unlikely that the right ones will and the direction of the Colorado Parks and wildlife will continue to be squeeze as much revenue as possible out of the hunters. They are the suckers that pay for everything anyway so they must have deep pockets… squeeze… squeeze, and then do them wrong. Chock up another win for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife and another screw job for Colorado resident and non-residents alike.”

Is this true?

12-Aug-18
Still waiting on the Elk Tag I drew. Yep, I've been in touch with CDOW.

12-Aug-18
Of course it's true... Why is it so hard to believe that that the CPW does NOT have the best interests of the hunter in mind?? Think about this, whenever an individual or an organization is solely focused on profits, it quickly turns to greed.. that organization or individual's vision becomes very clouded by $$$ and NOT what's right... The CPW doesn't care who gets the tag or if the right person who drew the tag gets it their only concerned if they get paid.. for the CPW the bottom line is the bottom line!!

12-Aug-18

Treeline's Link
CPW is the highest grossing state in the USA for hunting license sales.

More than any 2 western states (excluding Texas). Although Texas fields more than four times the total number of hunters.

It will be very interesting to see how their revenue increases for 2018.

They certainly spent a lot of our money to market for increasing resident license fees over the last several years! They finally got their bill approved and you can bet that residents will continue to see reduced quality and no improvements! With their increases to resident and nonresident fees that will kick in next year, they will definitely take a big jump in revenue.

They are definitely not focused on improving the quality of the hunt anywhere in this state. They are focused on increasing revenue.

12-Aug-18
Is what true? I couldn't follow the letter writer's attempt to communicate. Can someone explain his complaint? I got the part where he had trouble with the leftover draw but I don't understand his issue with the initial draw.

Is he saying he drew a tag in the initial draw but his credit card was no good so he lost his tag and his points?

12-Aug-18
I wrote about it in the January issue of the cba magazine.

5700 applicants failed to tender payment, and we're sent email to get another opportunity to pay. Not sure how many actually lost their points. If I did, I would make an appeal to the commission asking to have them reinstated.

12-Aug-18
so some folks are rightly angry that they lost their points and tag because they failed to pay proper attention to the draw even though they were warned. Sure they should be angry....at themselves.

if it happened to me I would appeal even while acknowledging I was the problem.

12-Aug-18
Exactly Khunter! It was right in the regs no one reads, complete with a payment deadline! Maybe I'm a fanatic ,but if 3 days before the payment deadline I had not received an email receipt and my card hadn't been hit, I'd a been on the phone right quick and got chit squared away! Where's the personal responsibility anymore? It's not my fault it's so and so's fault watch me cry till I get my points reinstated! Fer f's sakes take some responsibility! I'm pissed cause they have been reinstating peoples points that neglected to pay attention to detail! Day one boot camp chit!

12-Aug-18
Sorry, I'm with Khunter, folks need to step up and pay attention to the rules and regs. Even with all the snafus throughout the main draw and leftover process, many of the issues fall squarely on the shoulders of the guys who are out there complaining now. I have a buddy who waited until 11:55pm the night before the draw to start his applications, and he was upset that the system didn't process his apps fast enough so he didn't get any PPs OR tags submitted...duh!!!!!!

12-Aug-18

Dirk Diggler's embedded Photo
The "Glitch". PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!
The "Glitch". PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!

12-Aug-18
I 100% support the CPW on this one. I would be outraged if the scofflaws that reneged on their payment got to keep their points. It was very clear what the consequences of submitting a fraudulent application is. You lose your points. And it is fraudulent to put in an application for a permit that you don't intend to buy. They cost 5700 other hunters a chance at a permit by filling up the draw and then not paying. Otherwise everyone would put in apps and then decide later if they really wanted to hunt that unit this year.

CPW agents don't need to hide on this one. The cheaters who filed applications and didn't pay should be prohibited from applying in the future.

13-Aug-18
standswittaknife your buddy needs to work on his reading comprehension. As posted above it was clearly explained what the penalty would be if you didn't pay for a tag. The only lawsuit I see coming is if CPW folds and reinstates points for these non-payers

13-Aug-18
Hence another problem due to the new draw system which will soon be replaced.......we hope.

13-Aug-18
how is it a problem it clearly states if you don't pay you lose your tag and points seems pretty basic to me

13-Aug-18
I tend to agree.....if you failed to pay attention, and failed to pay for your tag.......doom on you.....and you tag....and your points. wtf is the problem here again?

I made damn sure my buds all knew about the rule change and that they didn't fork up and "forget" to pay or make sure they had a valid payment method on file.

13-Aug-18
Never said this guy was my buddy.. It's a hunting forward that lots of hunters get. That being said, I'm just wondering what the truth is.

13-Aug-18
I'm guessin the truth is somewhere in one of these:

1-they didn't see the email CPW sent them telling them their card on file didn't work.

2-they didn't have a current email address on file.

3-they didn't have an active card on file with funds available.

4-they didn't question not recieving an emailed receipt prior to the payment deadline.

None of it being CPW's fault.

13-Aug-18
the truth is guys didn't read the regs, they put in for tags and didn't have a way to pay and now their pissy they lost the tag and their points

13-Aug-18
Or they just didn't pay attention and expected CPW to hold their hand through the process. Kinda like complaining to the bank when you auto payment fails because you forgot to check your balance to make sure there were sufficient funds in place before the payment date........too bad. It was the hunter's responsibility not CPW's.

13-Aug-18
Good discussion and I think I tend to agree with those that state this group simply did not pay attention to the regs accordingly.

13-Aug-18
Whats the computer "glitch"? Did some applicants do everything correctly, have a good credit card on file and still lose points?

13-Aug-18
It's good old-fashioned reading comprehension, my 1st grader can follow written instructions, adults should be able to do it...

13-Aug-18
see, what had happened was.... I mixed the checking and the savings and the rent on the 1st of the month

13-Aug-18
I'm pretty sure that I checked a box when I applied that said use this card if I draw a tag.

14-Aug-18
Do those 5700 licenses become available as leftovers?

14-Aug-18
yes

14-Aug-18
A week ago

14-Aug-18
Extremely messed up system. Same lame excuses every year.

14-Aug-18
Anyone who read the instructions and submitted properly are part of the glitch conspiracy - Insiders, black suits if you will. Mind control techniques, it's all there in pixel black and white.

14-Aug-18

Like I said in a different post, the system worked for me this year. Grateful for those that forgot to pay.

15-Aug-18
The online system is never going to be able to handle the load at 9:00am leftover sale day. It never will. I'm surprised the system didn't crash so kudos to CPW. Was it extremely slow? Yes. Did it freeze up for most, Yes, but in reality it never crashed. Some people were able to wade through the very slow system and get their tags. Only a very small percentage of users were going to get their tag of choice which is exactly what the system produced. It definitely sucks being on the majority side of the deal where it didn't work out but the system worked.

Everyone should be glad they had a chance at a great re-issue tag. The one's that didn't follow directions or pay for their tag within the very published time period were simply just the ones who never would of applied in the first place without there being a no up front tag fee. I don't feel bad for them. I hope the CPW doesn't give them their points back.

15-Aug-18
"The one's that didn't follow directions or pay for their tag within the very published time period were simply just the ones who never would of applied in the first place without there being a no up front tag fee. I don't feel bad for them."

Couldn't agree more. The same crowd that couldn't float the full tag cost for a couple months is now the group of people who can't manage to get their payments made on time.

15-Aug-18
There is nothing wrong with the system or the CPW. They have it pretty well lined out and straight forward. I do not want the application process to change. I do not want to see the fees be forced on the front end again.

15-Aug-18
coelker...just wait till you see the point creep this will cause and we become Arizona where it takes many years to draw a ok tag.. careful what you wish for.

• Sitka Gear