SloMo 16-Aug-18
BQP 02-Sep-18
BQP 02-Sep-18
fran 13-Sep-18
Belchertown Bowman 13-Sep-18
fran 13-Sep-18
Belchertown Bowman 13-Sep-18
12-Aug-18
So I am replacing my 2006 Hoyt LaserTec with a new Triax for next season (not this upcoming season).

So I see a lot of options on camo patterns on the web site but cannot really see close ups of them. I was curious those few of you who picked up a Triax,.. what patterns did you pick and can you post a close up picture? I saw one where the guy went with a camo body but black limbs and it looked sharp,.. lot of options!

Just curious what others picked and if I can,.. let me see a close up pic of your bow.

On a side note how many bought one at the local shop and who ordered one direct from Mathews? I shot one at R&R the other day and it crossed my mind,.. How many others had shot that same bow in the last year that it has been sitting on the rack ??

Just thinking out loud here,..

BB

12-Aug-18
Back in the day I always went for the full camo bows but for some reason now I like either black and camo or all black now.

12-Aug-18
How is that Compact bow Spike? I gave that a solid look before deciding on the Triax.

12-Aug-18
Love it B.B. At this point in time I can’t see ever switching to a “regular” size bow again. It’s just sweet to pick up and hold. Great quality and a taller guy then I can always buy their 24” model. Hell five years from now maybe I will get that size too. I have zero complaints so far.

12-Aug-18
On a side note I was on Gearheads Facebook and watched their pro shooter Aaron Tedford shooting a national 3D shoot with their 30” model and he came in 2nd place. The part that blew me away was it was his first 3D shoot ever unreal.

12-Aug-18

SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
I own a TRIAX in ridge reaper forest one of the new colors . Like spike78 I am partial to camo/blk also . Here is my black/ camo TRIAX.

12-Aug-18
Thats a beauty Slomo

12-Aug-18
People love the bow huh?.. Was in Reedys today and seriously 6-8 guys in there were shooting the triax.. Looks like a sweet bow. I’m scared to pick one up, everyone says once you shout it you’re gonna buy it...

12-Aug-18
Moons just wait another year or two and you can save a couple hundred on one. I didn’t intend on buying a new bow until next year but for some reason bought mine anyway. I did shoot the Triax and if I intended on buying a bow at that moment yup I would have taken that one it was a nice bow. No regrets though.

13-Aug-18
Ya once I drew it and shot it,.. I realized the diff with my 2006 bow,.. I was stunned.

Ya Spike I am hoping for a price drop but it is not occurring! @#$%^&*

I am going to get one for XMAS for myself,.. at my age 53 might be the last bow I buy,.. so fuck it get a nice one!

:) BB

13-Aug-18
Just consider the 11% you will donate to wildlife restoration. :)

13-Aug-18
BB - You CANNOT order a TRIAX or any other bow directly from Mathews. Only sales through an authorized dealer. As for camo patterns I like the looks of the UA Ridge reaper, the Sitka sub-alpine and the Sitke Elevated 2...but the deer don't really care, I would most likely just take whatever color happened to be my DL and weight that was hanging in the shop. Mathews will be releasing a new flagship hunting bow in Nov. so you should be able to find TRIAX bows used for very good prices after hunting season.

Spike- Aaron is a friend of mine...he is a phenomenal shooter no matter what bow you put in his hands. He has made a couple ASA known pro shootdowns now along with NFAA indoor Nationals, all shooting a Gearhead bow.

13-Aug-18
Wait,.. Mathews is coming out with a new flagship bow this Nov,.. ?

Oh shit! :)

Thanks Shawn,.. I did not know all that! Much appreciated info,..

13-Aug-18

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Lost camo triax

13-Aug-18
optifade subalpine... or the "sand" color - just plain tan. But I really like subalpine.

I dont have one, but am pondering a Halon hard for next year and that color would be it based on the ones I've played with.

13-Aug-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Will ,...

You might like to hear from folks who have shot both Halon 32 and Triax

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=473960&forum=2

PS Will I will try one out next time at the shop,.. you have me curious now.

13-Aug-18
Looking forward to it BB, I LOVED the Halon...

15-Aug-18
God Dang it,.. I couldn't wait,..

I bought one. :(

:)

15-Aug-18
BB - good for you. You are going to enjoy the heck out of it. We all were not good friends though (or were we)... We should have told you that if you try and shoot it, it's going to be really hard not to plop down the plastic and walk out the door with a really nice new bow. Oh well, now we get to see your review and pics.

Plus it will look super cool sitting on the dash next to the deer in the passenger seat of the stang :)

15-Aug-18
Hahahaha nice bb! Couldn’t resist huh?? Screw it I may go buy one too..

15-Aug-18
Hey I am no expert guys,.. but compared to my old clunker 2006 Hoyt it was like magic,..

The price tag was like a Magic Curse too!! 1204.00 for the bow, quiver, and the +30 for my custom colored "Vanity" string LOL

I am migrating my Hoyt drop away rest, sight, and night/dim light peep,.. still gotta pick a stabilizer,.. been looking at a Bee Stinger.

I will post a pic but have no clue how long till it arrives at the shop,.. and then they can outfit it with my old crap and set it up,.. then I gotta get used to it before crunch time!

Ugh,..

PS I gotta eat pasta for month now to pay for it! LMAO

15-Aug-18
Don’t look at it as costing $1000 look at it as $100 a year for 10 years lol

16-Aug-18

SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
I love mine . Groups are great out to sixty yds. I tried everything out and those who wrote about this bow were dead on . Virtually no vibration . Perfect balance . Made me a much better shooter too . Can't compare to others at this pricepoint. Yes there is a target in there

02-Sep-18

BQP's embedded Photo
BQP's embedded Photo
BQP's embedded Photo
BQP's embedded Photo

02-Sep-18
picked/got it set up last Saturday. was so busy all week I just finally spent some time today shooting. I've got a lot of practice ahead of me as I hadn't been shooting all year. but am already venturing out to 40 yards with this bow. my old bear bow I never shot over 30. originally ordered lost camo riser with black limbs but once I saw it I decided I liked the full lost camo better. carried over the qad rest and bee stinger, bought the Mathews quiver and iq pro hunter 3 pin sight. was originally going to switch to a single pin but just seemed like too much of a change and I had fears of forgetting to move the pin all the time. this one has 2 fixed pins and a moveable 3rd pin. absolutely love the sight so far, the price tag was real hard to swallow at first that's for sure. still have to get it and myself really fine tuned but am loving it though!

13-Sep-18
I just picked up my black Triax and am already ruining fletching. lol. I can't believe how accurate it is. BB did you get yours yet?

13-Sep-18
Freak no! Semi panic. Lol

13-Sep-18
Don't worry once your set up you will be shooting lights out in no time. We just need to put a couple hundred shots to break them in before it's bambi time!

13-Sep-18
If it goes much longer i am jumping into the Mud!!!!

• Sitka Gear