Slate 13-Aug-18
cherney12 13-Aug-18
writer 13-Aug-18
Shawn 13-Aug-18
Ferrell Hogge 13-Aug-18
Matte 13-Aug-18
Diamonddoug 13-Aug-18
12-Aug-18
I was really excited to draw the coveted once-in-a-lifetime Sito { situs wildcatus} permit. But I'm getting frustrated, He's apparently gone completely nocturnal. It's getting so bad I'm going to bait. I know he hates corn but I've done exhaustive research and the experts who are familiar with his habits tell he is susceptible to Michelob Ultra so I'm off to the store to buy a case, in hope I can draw him out. Wish me luck.

12-Aug-18
Why bother

12-Aug-18
If you have ever met Sito, you would understand what a good guy he really is. The time and money he has donated to the sport of archery is crazy.

Why he bags on you for baiting what he is really saying is, "challenge yourself" don't take the easiest way possible.

I am starting to feel the same way about cellular trail cams, ozonics just to name few. Is it all about getting the biggest deer or the challenge and adventure of the hunt. I am honestly starting to feel if you need all that stuff to kill a good buck just hunt high fence but that is just my opinions. Hunt how you want but have fun doing it with zero stress and pressure.

13-Aug-18
The anti-Ozonics thing is hilarious. For the longest time guys on this site were dissing Ozonics as a total gimmick. A high dollar ruse for uppity hunters.... Now some of the same voices are saying it's in the same category as baiting? Give me a break.

13-Aug-18
I just lump them all together lock stock and barrel. Maybe it is the Elk Hunter in me who has spent countless years backpacking in and having to be a minimalist.

13-Aug-18
Said perfectly Matte “ hunt how you want but have fun doing it with zero stress and pressure”

13-Aug-18
I yearn for a day when hunting shows don't feature 19 minutes of product ads and 3 minutes of hunting. I guess it's just where the sport is. Even average joes have to hashtag 45 different brands after they shoot a 145" deer.

13-Aug-18
Cherney, ..it’s where the sponsorship is. No sponsors, no shows...but you know that. There are also many who watch those shows hoping to find some magical product. We’d rather just see more wild country or true wildlife. Doug ... you had a typo. I think you meant “repulsive,” instead of “reclusive?” :-) Kyle’s fine. Hear from him quite a bit.

13-Aug-18
I myself just like to kill deer. If it is a giant thats fine, but if it makes me happy it can be a little 6pt. Kyle will chime in when he gets wind of this I would think. Shawn

13-Aug-18
Mike, I need to discus something with him. Also, I wanted to invite him to bha@kstate's Beer,Bands & Public Lands event September 8 at Tuttle Creek 6 p.m. Like to see you there too. Everyone is welcome. Great bunch of young people working to grow the fastest growing conservation organization even faster. Doug

13-Aug-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo

13-Aug-18
So his truck broke down again! :^)

• Sitka Gear