Sosso 12-Sep-18
arch2112 14-Sep-18
Buckshot89 17-Sep-18
DanaC 21-Sep-18
arch2112 21-Sep-18
13-Aug-18

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Just starting to fletch up some shafts for the season... blue wrap, two pink, one neon yellow (blazers). The hunting arrows will have a pink Noktournal. Let's see your sticks!

13-Aug-18
I have to say that is one interesting arrow there Will!

13-Aug-18

Huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
Huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
Two white and one green on mine. Finally got my fletching adhesion issues all figured out.

13-Aug-18
HFCS, single bevel? Looks like that would make it through about anything!

13-Aug-18
Yes sir. After watching my light arrow with a large expandable basically bounce off a quartering away turkey at 25 yards I'm trying out some arrows that will hopefully plow through whatever they hit.

14-Aug-18

arch2112's embedded Photo
4 fletch with Bohning Heat vanes.

14-Aug-18
Arch - that's pretty dang sweet. Feels like a few more folks are using 4 fletch than in the past, but still not many. What caused you to try it, and how have you liked it?

HFSC... That would plow through pretty much anything short of granite!

14-Aug-18

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
I shoot four fletch Will. Feathers though...4 4" hand chopped white or flo yellow....this one has a Tracer nock installed.

14-Aug-18

bowandspear's embedded Photo
Wapiti 11/32 tapered POC fletched with local turkey feathers from friends and fellow Mass Bowsiter. 535 g with Grizzly Single Bevel. (May switch to WWoodsmans, on their way to me) . Honestly added 8-10 yds to my game compared to previous arrows I made last year. Still 10 more to fletch, still more tuning, no time the last 2 weeks to finish up. Maybe this week.

14-Aug-18

brooktrout59's embedded Photo
brooktrout59's embedded Photo
281/2 inch CE Pile DriverExtreme Small Diameter pass thru with Montec BH and like you Will I use pink Nocturnal LN. Have had good luck with this setup.

14-Aug-18
B&S, those are some pretty arrows. I'd be scared to shoot them, they look too nice...

14-Aug-18
Good stuff guys. B&s, impressive! I just bought a dozen Black Eagle Rampage Arrows down at reedys. 30$ off a dozen and they’re great arrows!

14-Aug-18
I like em BT!

Those are crazy pretty B&S! The quiver too.

Didnt notice that before I dont think Hickstick. Very cool.

I'm building some new flu flu arrows up for the kid's which has been fun, Ill have post one of those up.

14-Aug-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Heres mine

14-Aug-18
Bow and Spear,

Real nice job, there is a lot of time invested there. What did you use to dye the red ones?

Tekoa

14-Aug-18
Will, I decided to try the Heat vanes and they are a lower profile than Blazers. So I thought 4 would do a great job controlling a fixed blade if I decide to go that route. Plus I wanted to see what it was like. With field points no real difference. Going to try my broad heads next week so I'll let you know what I find.

15-Aug-18
Sorry, Will , I am not that kind of fella.

Besides, I would not want to cause envy and intimidate those who are less fortunate.

15-Aug-18
Great stuff guys! Thanks for the kind words, I still have a way to go to finish these other 10.

Tekoa, I used Tulip fabric dye from Walmart. The color I bought was called Gold fish orange. What they turned out to be was red lol. I tested different soaking times but all came out, red. Note to self. And thank you much for the Wapiti recommendation, love them !

Gotta make some flu flus myself Will, I'll be in NH Northwoods during partridge season beginning of November :)

15-Aug-18

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
These are the kids. Old vapor trail shafts I'd bought for my wife and didn't use. Pretty predator fall brown camo too.

15-Aug-18
Will, just curious about the blue on all your arrows? Easier to find?

15-Aug-18
Looks great Will!

16-Aug-18

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
I've been shooting the pink nockturnals for a couple of years now. I shoot Easton Bloodlines, 330 cut at 30.5 inches. All of that is pushing 100 gr Montec CS.

18-Aug-18

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Had a 7 year old helper with these... she did well :)!

All set for the season now... at least my arrows are.

18-Aug-18
I see some 2 blade German Kinetics there. Been shooting the same 3 on and off for over a decade.

Excellent broadhead choice.

19-Aug-18

Well just finished these flu flus late last night and they flew nice, today. With these and a lucky rabbits foot maybe I'll get to try on some partridge in Pittsburg NH on my November trip.

19-Aug-18
B&S I gotta get Jay’s old partridge stomping grounds for you. He’s the guy that taught my father how to hunt. Used to go up there all the time partridge hunting. Will keep u posted. Do you have a dog?

20-Aug-18
Moons that would be greatly appreciated !! Yes, my bud is bringing his that he hunts Maine with for years. Thank you much sir, I will Pm you.

20-Aug-18
Bow and Spear, those things are absolutely freaking GORGEOUS!

20-Aug-18

Pi's embedded Photo
Pi's embedded Photo
Pi's embedded Photo
Pi's embedded Photo
Why practice?

First group at 25 ish. haven't shot since spring. Old arrows used for form. Second two at 30 ish for good measure. Feeling good so why fix what ain't broke.

Shot one with broad head ... Dead on.

20-Aug-18

Pi's embedded Photo
Pi's embedded Photo
Pi's embedded Photo
Pi's embedded Photo
Keepers for hunting ,same for practice. But not too much practice.

20-Aug-18
Thanks Will, I really loved the fletchings just plain white, hut then thought "how the heck am I going to find these in the snow". So I got dipping lol

20-Aug-18

bigwoodsbucks22's embedded Photo
bigwoodsbucks22's embedded Photo
MY new lightning bolts just came in! Got a great deal from "mountain archery" who I have never heard of before. Very customizable with length, fletching, colors, wrap, etc. Cannot wait to get some blood on these!

20-Aug-18
BWB, aren't you missing 1? Mine usually come in a dozen at a time!

20-Aug-18

B&M Baked 's embedded Photo
B&M Baked 's embedded Photo
FMJs with Montec CS broadheads 100 GR

20-Aug-18
Haha MRW you are good. One of them wasn't squared enough for my liking so I pulled it aside to square off myself.

20-Aug-18
Nice Beans! BWB - those are pretty. Especially next to the skull :). Are those metal nocks or just a darkish red plastic? they look cool.

21-Aug-18
Thanks Will. I like the white hen vanes and white wrap to get a good idea of the blood you're dealing with. The knocks are just a dark red. I replaced the 4 I primarily shoot with green lighted knocks. They're heavy suckers. I believe i am just over 490 grains now even with a 100 grain tip.

03-Sep-18

Eastie778's embedded Photo
I couldn't miss a chance to show off my sticks, even if I am a little late to the party . 5 mm Easton full metal jackets in the classic camo pattern, with the Cam Hanes beastmode wraps and blazer vanes. Grim reaper whitetail special broadheads, the hole these things put in a deer is ridiculous! Tuning them up today, flying great out to fifty. Less than a month now boys! :-)

03-Sep-18

03-Sep-18

03-Sep-18
Eastie, those are awesome. I love the classic camo... makes me think of the "Game Getter II's" I used years ago... I'm using those broad heads this year, excited to test em out.

03-Sep-18
Good stuff Will, hope they work as well for you as they have for me. It's crazy how far broadheads have come in the past decade, from being held closed by rubber bands to so many to choose from you can hardly decide.

04-Sep-18

Buckshot89's embedded Photo
50 yard group!
Buckshot89's embedded Photo
50 yard group!
Gold tip pierce platinums! Fly like darts man. I want to try the Easton FMJs but have no need to just yet.

04-Sep-18
Nice shooting BS89!

04-Sep-18
Thanks Will. The ten year old Mathews does what she needs to do when I take my time. The biggest problem I have is trying to control myself by not rushing the shot while on stand. Deer move slow, why shouldn't I? I also need to work on grouping the recurve like that at 20. I don't think I'm going to get the recurve out till late bow season or until late Oct. Its an embarrassing group at the moment. hahaha.

12-Sep-18

Sosso's embedded Photo
Sosso's embedded Photo
I recently purchased these behman ICS Defenders. I think they’re going to go into the trash. For whatever reason with these, behman decided to go with this ultra soft plastic vanes that almost feels like thin nerf. I use a whisker biscuit. Thus, I can’t really get these to fly right. I had to go nuts tuning my bow to get them to stop from shooting high. By my estimates I made about 18” worth of adjustments to get them to drop 6”.

So, my shoulder is tired and I will go back to the range on Friday to compare with my old ones. The second one of the old arrows (ICS Hunter Pro - Blazer Vanes) . Shoots whacky, I’m trashing these. The old ones (of which I have 3) were always lazer accurate.

Anyone else use these? Is it just me?

14-Sep-18

Final version. Victory RIP arrow. Nocturnal nock. Bohning Heat vanes 4 fletch. Topped with a 100 grain Exodus. Waiting for Oct 1st.

17-Sep-18
Sosso, Beman arrows are junk IMO. The straightness on the arrows vary so much within a dozen its ridiculous. The shaft stiffness is inconsistent as well as shaft thickness (dial vernier tested). I had bought some ICS camo hunters once like ten years ago because a fully nocked/fletched set of a dozen with inserts cut to length was about $40. Back then I thought carbon arrows are carbon arrows right?, and that it didn't matter at all. I had no idea why carbon eastons and gold tips were 3-4x more expensive but I wasn't about spending $120-$150/dz. Well I should have just threw my $40 in the fire pit. Those arrows wouldn't fly correctly at all. My bow was tuned perfect. I had R&R go over it up and down, sideways, backwards, and all over again after I had done all I could do in my yard. After 3 trips to the shop and shooting bullet holes through paper at 3 feet the guy gave me one of his gold tips to shoot in my yard for a few days to see if it was doing the same thing. It wasn't at all we both concluded my brand new Beman ICS camo hunter arrows were probably junk. I brought them all in and he put them on an arrow spinner and the field points were doing summersaults. Some guy gave me $20 for them all right then and there for his kid to use with his youth bow to practice at close range with in order to work up to legal hunting poundage. Bought a decent $100/dz set of carbon express maxima's and it was night and day. I just upgraded two years ago to micro shaft Gold tip Kinetic Pierce platinum's and they are phenomenal.

21-Sep-18

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
These Victory V-force 245's had some loud green graphics, so I decided to make 'em greener. Had some lime/white barred feathers, used those for cocks. Got some green for hens. Then subbed out the factory nocks for some bright chartreuse.

21-Sep-18
DanaC,

Victory makes some good arrows. They look nice.

• Sitka Gear